PDA

View Full Version : Models with bigger base sizes do or don't get look out sir?

Sebavin
11-07-2010, 18:51
Tag!,
Well I have the 8th ed book and a friend of mine and several people I see are saying that if a character has a different base size then the unit he is in you do not get look out sir. I have looked the book up and down... maybe a little to hasty about reading it. I see no change to the look at sir rule... am i right or wrong???

Deetwo
11-07-2010, 19:18
The rumor was orignally that you get a worse Look Out Sir, but I can't find any such mention either..
So I think it's unchanged.

Sebavin
11-07-2010, 19:30
Thanks, I play empire and would like to use Ludwig and he maybe a little much, but I painted him -_- so people need to shush and read the damn book then.
again thanks I am forced with people (one person that ruins it for everyone) and we (He) got onto a overly heated debate over why Ludwig is so bad.

Tae
11-07-2010, 19:46
Different base size makes no difference, however you have to be the same unit type to get look out sir.

So mounted characters inside infantry units get nothing.

Deetwo
11-07-2010, 19:58
Good thing atleast Palanquins are now infantry though :D

kaintxu
11-07-2010, 22:23
Yep, so a Slann on temple guard gets it, palanquins gets it, and i can't think of other thing, but it has nothing to do with bases.

STOP THINKING ABOUT BASE SIZE

sorry caps, its not shouting but enphasizing.

What is important now is the UNIT TYPE PER THE BACK OF THE BOOK SUMARY

EldarBishop
11-07-2010, 23:11
Different base size makes no difference, however you have to be the same unit type to get look out sir.

So mounted characters inside infantry units get nothing.

You get a "worse" LoS! roll if you are a character within 3" (iirc, it's 3") of a like-type unit.

Sliver
12-07-2010, 19:57
You get a "worse" LoS! roll if you are a character within 3" (iirc, it's 3") of a like-type unit.

A mounted character within or at the side of infantry gets nothing still, do they?

Seems like a major nerf to mounted characters, atleast when facing cannons.

xxRavenxx
12-07-2010, 20:16
Its a nerf to mounted characters stomping about in infantry. A guy on a horse should be with other guys on horsies :)

I like the new rule, what I dont like, is that various special mounts get severely hurt by being given a type which doesnt exist in their armylists. (Mostly in the chaos book, but two MC mounts in an army with zero MC is going to lead them to never being used.)

I do like that my tzeentch sorc can lurk near the edge of some doggies on his disk, and claim a 4+ "good doggie, fetch the cannonball!" save :)

Lord Zarkov
12-07-2010, 21:49
I do like that my tzeentch sorc can lurk near the edge of some doggies on his disk, and claim a 4+ "good doggie, fetch the cannonball!" save :)

Nope - doggies are War Beasts and the Disk Rider is cavalry (the disk itself is a warbeast, but characters mounted on warbeasts are cavalry)

xxRavenxx
12-07-2010, 22:43
Nope - doggies are War Beasts and the Disk Rider is cavalry (the disk itself is a warbeast, but characters mounted on warbeasts are cavalry)

Page reference please :) (Not doubting you, just wanting it for my big list of where "rules concerning my army" live)

Lord Zarkov
12-07-2010, 22:55
P84 - under the 'Character Mount' sub heading to the 'War Beasts' section

xxRavenxx
12-07-2010, 23:35
I shall check up on it in the morning, when im with my rulebook. Thanks :)

Ovassilias
13-07-2010, 07:28

.....hm

looks like it.

p104 says if he is mounted on a single wound mount he changes hes type to cavalry althougth the disk is WB.