PDA

View Full Version : 8e VC 3000 pts

seanabrady
11-07-2010, 19:34
I am re-entering the hobby/game after about 5 years away. Enough has changed with 8e to make me interested again. I have decided to pick back up with Vampire Counts, the army I was playing when I quit.

While I am keeping some of what I had, I am going with a brand new theme, and potentially 100+ new miniatures. I always liked the Strigoi miniatures, and I think I am going to use those as my vamps/Ghoul heavy army. I am not sure on the magic items/powers for vampires, some/many will change. Here is what I am thinking right now, would love feedback as I am just guessing how all of this will work.

Vampire Lord (Blood Drinker, The Flayed Hauberk, Crown of the Damned, Infinite Hatred, Red Fury, Walking Death)
Wight King (BSB, Sword of Kings, Nightshroud)
47 Crypt Ghouls w/ Ghast

Vampire (Talisman of Protection, Avatar of Death, Summon Creatures ot Night, Summon Ghouls)
23 Crypt Ghouls / Ghast

Vampire (Sword of Battle, The Cadaverous Cuirass, Ghoulkin, Summon Ghouls)
23 Crypt Ghouls w/ Ghast

2x14 Crypt Ghouls w/Ghast

2xCorpse Cart (Balefire)

4xFell Bats

10xDire Wolves

Black Coach

Varghulf

Vampire (Spectral Form) & 2 Cairn Wraiths w/ Tomb Banshee

thesheriff
11-07-2010, 19:53
I think ghoul lists will be a familiar and scary prospect for the new edition. However, i would try and fit a second vargulf or cairn wraith unit for some more punch, at the expense of the smaller units of ghouls. And what ranks are you pulling with the ghoul units?

thesheriff

seanabrady
11-07-2010, 20:09
Was planning 10x5 for the big block. The two medium size at 5x5. I do have an alternate with an extra Varghulf and a unit of 10 ghouls instead of the 2x15. Thanks for the input.

NitrosOkay
12-07-2010, 01:52
Remember that Corpse Carts do not count for your core requirement of 25%. Nor do anything that isn't Zombies, Skeletons and Ghouls.

At 3,000 points you will need at least 94 ghouls.

Edit: Actually I think I missed some in your list. Just noted you put lots at the top in units with your Lord.

therisnosaurus
12-07-2010, 02:16
I'd switch the ghoul horde for a decent unit of wights, gives you something genuinely killy that won't melt if a cannon looks in its direction.

If you're going all ghouls, perhaps add another cart. I'd also say drop the vamp in the wraiths and just add more wraiths. You should be able to get, what, another three or so? way better than the vamp

seanabrady
12-07-2010, 04:15
NitrosOkay: Yep, should have 106 Ghouls to start the fight.

Therisnosaurs: I will likely buy some GG, but I really wanted to keep with the Ghoul horde. In fact the wight king is a hold over from a previous build. I like the idea on dropping the vamp, it was more a ? of the models I had on hand than anything else. 2 wraiths and 1 banshee seemed a bit light.

Thanks for the input.