PDA

View Full Version : Legion of the Damned, Lost and the Damned

amrogers3
11-07-2010, 19:44
Trying to collect old 40K miniatures. Been scouring the net for old stuff.

Found a box set of the ole Lost in the Damned from back in the day. Anyone know if this would be worth collecting?

sigur
11-07-2010, 20:23
What would be in that boxed set? :eyebrows: The term "lost and the damned" (apart from the title of one of the Realm of Chaos books) for chaos cults and traitor IG wasn't introduced or really used before the 13th black crusade campaign if I remember correctly so hardly old or "collectible".

What do you mean with "worth collecting" anyway? I hope you aren't referring to the nonsense that is keeping the minis unpainted and unassembled in a air-tight box, speculating to make loads of money in a few years.

AndrewGPaul
11-07-2010, 20:32
sigur, from his other thread, I think he is. Ah well, he'll learn. :)

Without actually knowing what this mysterious box set is, I don't think we can help you, amrogers3.

amrogers3
11-07-2010, 21:14
I am collecting. I remember these guys from several years back. Back when Centurius was introduced in 1999. Don't know what these would be worth.

Here (http://s145.photobucket.com/albums/r213/amrogers3/Space%20Wolves/?action=view&current=LoD.jpg) is a pic of box set.

sigur
11-07-2010, 21:17
Yes. The Legion of the Damned box. You were talking about a Lost and the Damned box.

That aside, I think the original question was

Anyone know if this would be worth collecting?

Care to explain what you mean? If you collect them, I assume that box is "worth collecting" to you.

amrogers3
11-07-2010, 21:28
Well I assume this is something that isn't readily available. Rather rare and limited. Would that be correct?

sigur
11-07-2010, 21:58
The supply is rather limited these days, that I admit.

I hope you do a project log when you get your box (or your collected stuff in general), it's always a joy to see people get out these gems and put them to good and repectful use. :)

Wishing
11-07-2010, 22:08
He can want to collect them without either wanting to paint them or sell them on, you know.

sigur
11-07-2010, 22:10
Sure, everyone's free to do as he pleases. The option just didn't occur to me because to me.

amrogers3
11-07-2010, 22:19
He can want to collect them without either wanting to paint them or sell them on, you know.

Spot on. Something about the old metal guys. Had them suckers back when I was a youngin. Just plan on collecting them for old time's sake.

Garven Dreis
11-07-2010, 23:50
It's a shame, in my opinion. I wish I saw these older guys on the tabletop more. Oh well, I'll have to settle for the new Legion of the Damned.

amrogers3
12-07-2010, 00:18
I know, maybe if they weren't so expensive I could actually afford to field a couple squads.

AndrewGPaul
12-07-2010, 07:34
Jusat seems rather pointless to me. Each to their own, i suppose, but I just don't see the point in buying the box and never using the models.

eyescrossed
12-07-2010, 10:46
Jusat seems rather pointless to me. Each to their own, i suppose, but I just don't see the point in buying the box and never using the models.

Try buying a whole army and never finishing it.

AFnord
12-07-2010, 10:55
They are not super rare, as they were sold for quite a good length of time, and I would imagine that more than a few got a box or two simply because they looked cool. Still, if you like them, get them. For such old models, they have aged rather well.

It's a shame, in my opinion. I wish I saw these older guys on the tabletop more. Oh well, I'll have to settle for the new Legion of the Damned.
Then you would love my ork army. I have a "yoof squad" consisting of 1st edition & gorka morka orks, and their leader is an old school 1st edition freebother with a power klaw.

Wishing
12-07-2010, 11:15
I tend to be quite fond of modern plastics so have no desire for whole armies of old metal models, but I think it's quite cool to have a few of them as character models here and there (especially if they're jazzed up with some conversions).

Deathklaat
12-07-2010, 15:46
if its a complete NIB box then they are worth something, ofen when trying to get the OOP LotD it is not easy to get them complete.

I have a few of the old ones including Vet Sgt Centurious and i have the new ones and i like them both (i only have an issue with the guns on the old ones) and i will use them but then i run a LotD themed army...