PDA

View Full Version : Turning in 8e

minionboy
11-07-2010, 19:54
I've heard a couple people claim that you can still turn a unit in 8e as you could in 7th (25% movement to rotate 90 on the spot, or turn around). I'm really looking hard in the new BRB and can't find any reference to this, outside of performing a full reform. Can anyone tell me a page number or even if it exists?

Falkman
11-07-2010, 20:26
There are no turn manoeuvres anymore.

Toads77
11-07-2010, 21:18
They basically replaced turning with swift reform (which requires a musician) which allows you to preform a reform and move normally (no marching). So you have a much better option then turning now, but not as reliable.

There is also back stepping and side stepping now (not the right names but you get the idea), which was another feature turning used to let you do, so you can pull every move you used to do it with 7th and more, thanks to swift reform.

minionboy
12-07-2010, 00:50
Great, that's what I thought. I've read my BRB twice over now and couldn't find what people were claiming.

go go gadget swift reform

jaxom
12-07-2010, 03:33
They basically replaced turning with swift reform (which requires a musician) which allows you to preform a reform and move normally (no marching). So you have a much better option then turning now, but not as reliable.

There is also back stepping and side stepping now (not the right names but you get the idea), which was another feature turning used to let you do, so you can pull every move you used to do it with 7th and more, thanks to swift reform.

Sort of. You cannot wheel while backing or sidestepping which used to work. You cannot turn in place and move 3/4ths of your movement which you used to be able to do with a 5x5 unit. Nor can you turn, move 1/4 movement and then change frontage.

spiderman5z
12-07-2010, 04:00
so what happens to units without musicians... they cant ever turn? that doesnt make sense...

Mach_5
12-07-2010, 04:10
They can, they just have to perform a reform to do so, which either ends the movement for that unit and prohibits shooting, or doesn't if it was a swift reform.