PDA

View Full Version : 2k Daemons, Any good in 8th?

Latro_
11-07-2010, 20:22
Bit of a list i'm working on, herald in every unit, everything is pretty survivable got a bunch of shooty stuff in there, packs a bit of a punch in combat and can hold its own with magic.

Herald of Khorne 115
Armour of khorne

Herald of Tzeentch 140
Lvl2, Master of Sorcery

Herald of Nurgle 190
Palanquin, BSB

20 Plague Bearers 258
Standard, Musician

16 Horrors 192

23 Bloodletters 294
Standard, Musician

5 Flamers 175

5 Flamers 175

2 Fiends 110

5 Flesh Hounds 175

5 Flesh Hounds 175

Chaos Undecided
11-07-2010, 20:50
Think you meant Fiends rather than Seekers, army looks fine as is. I guess the flesh hounds are for war machine chomping duty? You could try combining them i suppose but its risky they'd quite like never make it to a flank intact although if you have law of life on your Tzeentch herald you could always try regrowing the unit

Personally I quite like the idea of a 6 strong formation of Fiends in a 2x3 formation they'd be very nasty.

Latro_
11-07-2010, 20:53
Think you meant Fiends rather than Seekers, army looks fine as is. I guess the flesh hounds are for war machine chomping duty? You could try combining them i suppose but its risky they'd quite like never make it to a flank intact although if you have law of life on your Tzeentch herald you could always try regrowing the unit

Personally I quite like the idea of a 6 strong formation of Fiends in a 2x3 formation they'd be very nasty.

oops, yea edited to fiends.

Thing with that formation of fiends is you only get 3 attacks each in the second rank. Plus i'm running my minotaurs like that in my beasts army so wanted a bit of variation + flamers are pure win and rare % is very tight in this army :)

I did have some furies in there for warmachines but since the fiends can march 20 and the hounds 16 they can deal with all that should it arise.

buzzle85
14-07-2010, 09:26
i would skip the nurgle unit and the hero they really aint worth the point now in 8th
and fiends they are monstrous beasts they dont got the monstrous support like monstrous infantry so i belive they only get 1 support attack each.
thou they are awsome in smal units anyway

Latro_
15-07-2010, 14:20
I was thinking about making the following changes:

Dropping the plague bearers and hounds and nurgle herald and taking he following (2kish):

Spotted the Masque see seems so fun with m10 loads of attacks an a 3+ ward, warmachines are not safe!

Decided to deathstar the bloodletters so they will likely be stubborn ld8 with a re-roll and nearby tzeentch herald will use the lore of life to make them t5 and restore dead dudes! very nasty unit.

bloodcrushers since i have the models and for a bit of hittyness

Seekers, not sure on these girls but like the new models, think i'd be better off with something else for the points? they seem to fit in well thou, very fast and fast cav... can break ranks and have a fair few attacks. Maybe run em in 2 units of 5?

The Masque 90

Herald of Khorne 115
Armour of khorne

Herald of Tzeentch 140
Lvl2, Master of Sorcery

Herald of Khorne 140
Armour of khorne, BSB

34 Bloodletters 426
Standard, Musician

16 Horrors 192

12 Daemonettes 144

5 Flamers 175