PDA

View Full Version : Orcs and Goblins 3,000pts

dangermouse425
11-07-2010, 21:10
This army is made up of what models I have, rather than what's necessarily most optimal in 8e.
How does it look?

Orc Big Boss. BSB.
Light armr, shield, choppa.
Mork's Spirit Totem
[149]

Orc Big Boss.
Sword of Battle. Additional choppa.
Amulet of Protectyness.
[114]

Orc Big Boss.
Light armr, shield.
Martog's Best Basha.
[89]

Orc Shaman. Level 2.
Staff of Baduumm.
Waaagh! Paint.
[150]

Night Goblin Shaman. Level 1.
Staff of Sneaky Stealin'.
[100]

---

30 Orc Boyz.
choppa, shield, light armr.
FC.
[210]

30 Orc Boyz.
Spear, shield, light armr.
FC.
[240]

30 Orc Boyz.
choppa, additional choppa, light armr.
FC.
[270]

20 Night Goblins.
Short Bow.
FC.
3 x Fanatics.
[155]

20 Night Goblins.
Short Bow.
FC.
3 x Fanatics.
[155]

40 Night Goblins.
Spear and shield.
FC.
3 x Fanatics.
[255]

40 Night Goblins.
Spear and shield.
FC.
3 x Fanatics.
[255]

---

20 Black Orcs.
Armed to da teef. Shield.
FC.
[318]

10 Orc Boar Boyz.
Choppa, spear, light armr, shield.
FC.
[258]

Orc Boar Chariot.
[80]

Orc Boar Chariot.
[80]

---

Doom Diver
[80]

Snotling Pump Wagon
[40]

---

[2,998 pts]

D'Haran
11-07-2010, 23:53
2nd hero is illegal if you plan to use the sword of battle and the choppa as having 2 hand weapons for an extra attack as you can no longer do that.

Don't know why you'd take units of 20 night goblins, might as well make it 3 units of 40.

Also only 20 Black Orcs? at least put them at 24 in ranks of 6 wide if you're going to take the unit at all, or bump them up to 30.

BoarBoyz... bad overpriced unit in this edition. also if you loose even 1 they can't do what you designed them to.

Goblins should have nets, they got a big buff in this edition as the second rank of enemies can attack, so in essence it's 2x as effective, while fanatics are cool but are still unreliable and got nurfed so far as they do just as many wounds as before while there are more enemy models fielded.

Last thing, might be a good idea to find points for some of those cheap war machines, it would really flesh out the list you've got.

Sliver
12-07-2010, 20:25
You've payed to many points for the 2xChoppa orcs, they cost just as much as spear/shield orcs, aka 240 for the unit, not 270.

For orcs, they are better off with 2xChoppas than spear/shield unless you take big uns. +1 str first round of combat is sweet, especially with the second rank fighting now aswell. And the shield really isnt worth it unless you take it with a choppa to get the 6+ parry ward save, for cheaper more durable orcs.

I'd would take Black Orc characters for the Orc units, to quell animosity.

And I'd take nets for the gobbos, and toss in a few 34 point Nightgoblin bosses with great axes. I'd skip the spears too and use the points for more goblins. I dont think horde style is worth it, but if you like it, 50 is the number of gobbos you want.

I think staff of badum is to expensive for what it does. Powerstone and some mushrooms for the goblin would be better imo, Sneaky staff might not be needed as you have the spirit totem aswell.

rtunian
12-07-2010, 21:16
in addition to the above suggestions...

one of your big bosses needs a promotion. i recommend against playing without a lord, and there's no reason that one of your hero models wouldn't fit the bill.

your orc shaman can't have staff of baduum and waaagh! paint, as they are both arcane items.

fanatics are going to hurt you more than they hurt your enemy, now that every time one dies w/in 6" of goblin unit, the goblins have to take a panic test. you should think about dropping them.

mattcrask9
12-07-2010, 21:47
in 8 edtion you can take as many items from a single magic item type. so multiple arcane items can be taken

rtunian
12-07-2010, 22:51
my bad, thanks for correcting