PDA

View Full Version : Dwarf Engineer + Cannon FAQ

Count Funkula
11-07-2010, 22:14
So in the new rulebook, it says that a dwarf cannon now does D6 wounds instead of D3. The only difference between a dwarf cannon and an empire great cannon is the range. But in the FAQ under the Artillery Master section, it states that when a Master Engineer is within 3" of a cannon, it inflicts D6 wounds instead of D3. So... you can see my problem. Anybody have any insight on this one?

Saldiven
11-07-2010, 22:40
I think it is more likely the result of a lazy cut-n-paste error by whoever was responsible for the Dwarf FAQ.

Duck Dodgers
12-07-2010, 21:06
Or, the listing in the new BRB is wrong; and "Cannon" was supposed to have Multiple Wounds (d3), and Great Cannon was supposed to have Multiple Wounds (d6).

Personally, until the main rulebook gets FAQ/Errata, I'll be using d6 as a standard, and assume the Dwarf FAQ to be the editing error.

RulesJD
12-07-2010, 23:40
I think it is more likely the result of a lazy cut-n-paste error by whoever was responsible for the Dwarf FAQ.

Almost certainly this. The 6th and 7th edition BRBs clearly made the dwarf "small" cannon have d3 wounds. The 8th edition BRB increased the cannon to d6 wounds and now made the cannonball less effective by stopping it's course after failing to kill a model (thereby increasing the utility of ward saves and multi wound models).

The fact that the Dwarf FAQ simply mirrors the army book without accounting for the rules change appears nothing more than lazy and sloppy editing.