PDA

View Full Version : Two Bretonnia questions

Once Bitten
11-07-2010, 23:00
1. Can peasants use the leadership of any knight w/in 6" for their steadfast roll? Strictly speaking, the BRB says that a steadfast unit can use the general's 'inspiring presence' rule to give them the general's leadership for their steadfast roll. Nowhere in the Bret errata does it mention that the Peasant Vow (which allows unit to use nearby knights' leadership) is like 'inspiring presence.' It seems to me that they should be able to, but I cannot justify it by the rulebook. Any thoughts?

2. Also, do Pegasus Knights now have a 2+ AS since the new rules now give monstrous mounts the bonus for being mounted?

Thanks.

NotMyIfurita
11-07-2010, 23:04
2. Should be 3+ no barding on a peg knight

Arkh
11-07-2010, 23:19
I am also somewhat irritated that the errata didn't clarify the issue of the peasant's duty + steadfast.. and I don't have an answer for that one. I have to imagine that it functions the same way as the general's inspiring presence.

Even on Page 10 of the BRB it implies that the highest LD available will always be used.

Falkman
11-07-2010, 23:36
2. Also, do Pegasus Knights now have a 2+ AS since the new rules now give monstrous mounts the bonus for being mounted?

Thanks.
They already got the mount bonus from the Flying cavalry rule, so 8th edition means no change for them, still 3+ save.

Barag Blackhammer
12-07-2010, 13:07
The peasant's duty rule enables you to use any knights LD. It does not give specific times when you can use it, it simply states you can.

That coupled with the BRB stating you can use the generals LD for steadfast logically seals the deal that peasants can use the knights LD for steadfast.

This is another case of when "Army book > Rule Book" for special rules.

therat
12-07-2010, 14:12
Even on Page 10 of the BRB it implies that the highest LD available will always be used.

It actually flat out states it, but only in regards to characters within a unit.

Technically the Bret book says peasants can use knight LD w/in 6" with no restrictions, so I'd say it applies with steadfast as being the peasants' unmodified LD.

Maarten K
12-07-2010, 14:16
yep, unit of knights, standard of discipline; presto LD 9 peasants...

Once Bitten
12-07-2010, 14:22
Lord level BSB, standard of discipline = LD10 peasants w/ a re-roll. :)

Falkman
12-07-2010, 14:27
Well the lord can't be a BSB :p.

Once Bitten
12-07-2010, 14:30
Why not? There are plenty of points available for 2 lords in a 2000 or 2400 point game, which are becoming the standard size games around here.

therat
12-07-2010, 15:16
Why not? There are plenty of points available for 2 lords in a 2000 or 2400 point game, which are becoming the standard size games around here.

Lords don't have the option, only paladins do.

Falkman
12-07-2010, 15:19
Exactly, the option to carry the Battle standard is only available to a Paladin, not the Lord.

Dutch_Digger
12-07-2010, 17:05
im seeing alot of people adding shields to their bret or greenskin BSB. Has this been added to the new rules?

stripsteak
12-07-2010, 17:49
im seeing alot of people adding shields to their bret or greenskin BSB. Has this been added to the new rules?

I don't think so, don't remember seeing anything in the errata faqs, but a lot of places house rule this for the older army books.

Arkh
12-07-2010, 23:30
psh... Bret BSB doesn't need a shield when he's got the Gromril Great Helm available... 2+ re-reroll FTW

Finn
13-07-2010, 00:04
I don't think so, don't remember seeing anything in the errata faqs, but a lot of places house rule this for the older army books.

It isn't an issue of the rulebook allowing you to take a shield (Didn't 7th say "can't have a shield"? Forgive me, I skipped 6th/7th). There is simply no restriction on the wargear the BSB can have. Aside from the stipulations within your armybook about magic banners vs. magic gear, of course.

Lord Zarkov
13-07-2010, 00:31
It isn't an issue of the rulebook allowing you to take a shield (Didn't 7th say "can't have a shield"? Forgive me, I skipped 6th/7th). There is simply no restriction on the wargear the BSB can have. Aside from the stipulations within your armybook about magic banners vs. magic gear, of course.

The older books (all before HE) do have restrictions though - they can't have shields and they can't have weapon upgrades.

New rulebook allows magic shields now though

Rolo Ramone
13-07-2010, 00:40
I have a question about pegasus: Are they monstrous cavalry? I think they are not, because they are under the type "cavalry", specifically flying cavalry (like in 7th). But the Royal Pegasus is a monstrous cavalry, so he get the stomp rule.

Is this ok?

Lord Zarkov
13-07-2010, 00:45
All pegasi are Monstrous Cavalry under the new rules - see p483

Finn
13-07-2010, 00:47
They're listed as "MC" in the rulebook summary, which is Monstrous Cavalry.

Edit: Mmm, I can taste the ninjajuice.

Rolo Ramone
13-07-2010, 01:11
Oh, men. Thatīs...

...awesome.

EDIT: Wait a minute. They get the steadfast rule? Iīm asking becase the are skirmishers. I donīt even know if the can fight in two ranks :( .

Falkman
13-07-2010, 08:29
They get steadfast if they're fighting in forests, as all skirmishers do.
Nowhere else though.