PDA

View Full Version : empire point denial list 2k

kiron
12-07-2010, 02:11
Lord: 22.45%
archlector-armor MI,VHS, GW, war altar
archlector-heavy armor,barded steed,shield,stone of good luck (general)

Hero: 8.35%
master engineer
battle standard bearer-full plate,barded steed,biting blade

Core: 39.15%
33 knightly order-standard,musician (BSB and lector here)

Special: 8.75%
1 great cannon
1 mortars

Rare: 21.25%
1 steam tank
1 hellblaster

5 units
+4 dispel dice for magic defence

So yeah, the goal of the army is to dey enemy VP with 1000 points tied up in the tank and the knight unit. The artillery battery will be in one corner with the engineer guiding the hellblaster to protect the others from light cavalry or flyers. The knights will be deployed 7 ranks deep after reform from initial deployment to negate enemy steadfast so i can break them on the charge or afterwards with tank support. If an enemy is deeper than 7 ranks, my mortar should be able to clear that up in 1-2 turns of shooting. The list is still a glass cannon, but usually works due to VP denial.

ROCKY
12-07-2010, 07:44
you clearly forgot how powerful magic is in this edition, one spell from the lore of metal and that unit will become dust. i would split ur knights into 2-3 units and then keep the artilarry one side so that u can blast them until they get close and then charge them with several units (dont forget charge bonus stacks)

thesheriff
12-07-2010, 08:16
@ROCKY - If you split the knights up, you will lose the points denial part of the army.

If you give them some magic res., they might have a better chance, but empire are just not made for points denial

maaksel
12-07-2010, 15:05
Throw a level 1 in there with RoP, that may give you enough magic defense to not have to worry about it.

kiron
12-07-2010, 18:37
you clearly forgot how powerful magic is in this edition, one spell from the lore of metal and that unit will become dust. i would split ur knights into 2-3 units and then keep the artilarry one side so that u can blast them until they get close and then charge them with several units (dont forget charge bonus stacks)

Not many list will have metal lore as their first choice lore in all-comers army. Also the unit can get there within 2 turns plus i have 4 dispel dice plus whatever my opponent gives me. Also even if the signiture spell hits, its about 7-8 hits and 7 deaths, and they won't get too many rounds to cast it.

thesheriff
12-07-2010, 19:50
supose when you look at it that way. But averages wilkl always let you down at a crucial moment (or is that juts me?)