PDA

View Full Version : 1000k woc

Psybilliah
12-07-2010, 02:28
We are starting to teach new players using 1000k lists, which can be a pain to make using WOC. Would appreciate some feedback on this current set up:

Sorcerer Lvl 2, Mark of Tz, Disk, Golden Eye of Tz, sword of might, enchanted shield : 210

Marauders x25, FC, Flails, MOK : 175

Marauders x25, FC, Flails, MOK : 175

Warriors x18, FC, Halberds, Shields, MOK : 366

Warhounds x6 : 36

Warhounds x6 : 36

Total : 998

All thoughts welcome

ROCKY
12-07-2010, 07:40
not bad, but i would recommend that you include all aspects of the game, if u are planning to teach. that would mean cav, fast cav, and would also introduce some of the horde rules. for instance i would take a unit of 40 marauders, mok with gws, take a unit of 12 warriors, with mark of nurgle. take 2 units of 5 warhounds. and with all these saved points take a unit of 5 knights with a standard and mark of slaanesh. as for ur wizard hes fine but you will need to keep him out of los, plus i would take the spell familiar over the sword of might. 3 spells is better than 2, unless u want to chuck 6 dice at a spell (which can very well kill your wizard.

Zangor
12-07-2010, 08:22
Though Rockys suggestion certainly would seem like the most logic choice I would not recommend introducing too many different aspects of the game all at once. The best way to teach something is to thoroughly introduce a limited part of the subject, then repeat this a number of times, and then move on to the next part of the subject you want to teach. Introducing too many rules in one game may slow down the learning process (I studied this at university for several years).

The list looks rather fine to me, though i would carefully chose a few rules i wanted the players to learn and make sure the list focused on those alone. In light of this i am not sure i would introduce frenzy at this point as it might be a bit confusing to people who never played the game before, since they already have plenty of stuff to keep track of.