PDA

View Full Version : Chaos and other races

ChaplainOrion
12-07-2010, 02:51
Does Chaos usually fight aliens, like Dark Eldar and Tyranids? What effects do daemons have on Tyranids, Necrons, and Tau?

Mannimarco
12-07-2010, 03:01
Dark Eldar: who know, cant think of any cases where ive ever read it. Given half the chance they probably would

Tyranids: Yes, in one of the iron warrior novels a hive ship is infected with some virus and used as a titan transport. The hive mind is impossible to corrupt however and the shadow in the warp blocks out daemons. The rule book has a pretty cool pic of a bloodthirster fighting a carnifex though.

Tau: To far away from any major chaos faction although given half the chance they would try to fight them. Tau are almost impossible to corrupt and have such a small warp presence its not really worth the time and effort of trying to corrupt one of them, especially when theres a whole galazy of juicy eldar and human souls out there instead.

ForgottenLore
12-07-2010, 03:14
But there are lots of Humans living in the tau empire as well, without supervison of the Ordo Hereticus, which (if you believe the Imperial propaganda) would give chaos an "in" to the Tau Empire.

Also, there is a story of Kroot eating some followers of Slannesh and becoming corrupted and turning on their Tau allies.

DetriusXii
12-07-2010, 03:35
I would assume that most daemons would have difficulty even engaging the Tau as the daemons would be blind to Tau souls.

Clockwork-Knight
12-07-2010, 04:44
But there are lots of Humans living in the tau empire as well, without supervison of the Ordo Hereticus, which (if you believe the Imperial propaganda) would give chaos an "in" to the Tau Empire.Most humans follow the ruinous powers because their life sucks really big balls in the Imperium (and a few others do it for the sheer kick of the forbidden). Most are happy in the Tau Empire, because sometimes, life improved under their new tau overlords (sometimes it stayed the same, but it almost never got worse). That's why nobody really does something that turns the attention of the fell powers towards the humans living there-
And the humans in the Tau Empire are a backdrop in the end.
One or two hive world of the Imperium have probably also more chaos cultists than there are humans in the Tau Empire.

Also, there is a story of Kroot eating some followers of Slannesh and becoming corrupted and turning on their Tau allies.As well as the normal shapers, who forbad to eat the contaminated flesh.
Do note that Kroot have a stronger psychic presence than the Tau.

ForgottenLore
12-07-2010, 04:52
I merely that chaos incursions can occur in Tau space. The fact that the Tau are allied with several psychically active species simply means that yes, they will have occasion to fight the forces of chaos.

Mordagos
12-07-2010, 06:41
There is a series book, were Word Bearers fight Dark Eldar, Tyranids and Necrons.

The Necrons had an artefact that send all warp related entities (deamons in ships weapons and marines) back to the warp.

And a couple of bloodletters fight a bunch of genestealers.

ashc
12-07-2010, 08:12
Chaos are always dropping fairly unwanted out of the warp at the most inconvenient of times, its a bit 'a wizard did it' but is certainly justification for Tau to often fight the forces of Chaos.

SharpSilver
12-07-2010, 08:52
I imagine Chaos fight whatever they come across on the worlds they plunder and the fleets they encounter. They are not strictly limited to attacking the Imperium.

metal bawks
12-07-2010, 12:01
I imagine Chaos fight whatever they come across on the worlds they plunder and the fleets they encounter. They are not strictly limited to attacking the Imperium.

Absolutely. It's just that the fluff tends to center around the Imperium, and when looked at that way, ALL races seem to fight the Imperium more commonly than others.

Also, some old fluff mentioned that some Chaos forces also actively seek out and fight the Tyranids, because they see the Hive Mind as a serious threat to the spread of Chaos influence through the galaxy.

Mabd
12-07-2010, 20:00
Also, some old fluff mentioned that some Chaos forces also actively seek out and fight the Tyranids, because they see the Hive Mind as a serious threat to the spread of Chaos influence through the galaxy.

It's the vampire problem... Vamps need blood, but if they wipe out all sources they die (as expounded in so many movies excluding that teeny rubbish that is being put out now-a-days). If the Tyranids eat everything in the Galaxy where does that put Chaos...

Perhaps the foreknowledge of the end of Chaos - Tyranids... of course it's the end of everything else too.

Karl MkVI
12-07-2010, 20:54
Absolutely. It's just that the fluff tends to center around the Imperium, and when looked at that way, ALL races seem to fight the Imperium more commonly than others.

precisely. add to that the fact that the Imperium is (despite how it may look..!) the dominant force in the galaxy*, and it makes sense that they are the faction that is most numerously engaged by all others.

*they do 'rule' it, after all :)

spetswalshe
12-07-2010, 21:00
I would assume that most daemons would have difficulty even engaging the Tau as the daemons would be blind to Tau souls.

They don't need souls to see someone. After all they're not running into walls and chairs all the time. You can't flay a man alive and hang him from the rafters if you're not aware of the rafter's existence.

massey
12-07-2010, 21:10
They don't need souls to see someone. After all they're not running into walls and chairs all the time. You can't flay a man alive and hang him from the rafters if you're not aware of the rafter's existence.

Exactly. I can't see people's souls, but I can interact with them okay. Because I have eyes.

Lord Zarkov
12-07-2010, 21:28
According to Inquisitor however, the low warp presence of the Tau means that, although Daemons can see them, they're really hard to spot as they don't register as much different to inanimate objects - pariahs on the other hand...

ashendant
12-07-2010, 21:35
Nevermind that the ethereal probably suppress rebellious thoughts with a walk in the park releasing pheromones everywhere

massey
12-07-2010, 21:35
According to Inquisitor however, the low warp presence of the Tau means that, although Daemons can see them, they're really hard to spot as they don't register as much different to inanimate objects - pariahs on the other hand...

Yeah, I get it, but it's still a lame excuse. ;)

DoombringerATT
12-07-2010, 22:30
If the daemon has manifested physical eyes, or is possessing a physical body with eyes, then he can see the Tau just fine.

Using warpsight alone, however, the Tau is a little fuzzier, and harder to break out against his surroundings.

This strikes the best balance between Inquisitor's experimental Por'la Vior'la Kais rules and the established background (Fire Warrior) and rules conventions, where Tau are perfectly perceptible to daemons, if not a little harder to manipulate.