PDA

View Full Version : Goblin Gunline just curious 1k

Rogzor87
12-07-2010, 03:46
I am just curious to what people would think. This is purely out of fun and games.

1x Night Goblin warboss

5x 20 Night Goblins /w bows

6x Spear Chukka's /w Bullies
3x Lobba's /w Bullies

2x Doom Divers

980 pnts no upgrades on the warboss.

ftayl5
12-07-2010, 04:26
It's a bowline.
Against hordes of weak infantry, it will do well. Any chaos warriors, a steam tank , a juggernaut or etc show up, you won't last long.

It won't do well against anything with a decent armour save or toughness.

You do say you are just curious, which is fine.

EDIT: and if you count the changes to charges with some things able to charge up to 16", and the vanguard rule, the whole 'gunline' idea won't work well for anyone

therisnosaurus
12-07-2010, 06:02
go for 2 units of 40 gobbos, add a BSB if you can find the points (drop a bolt thrower?)

crazy list, I run that amount of artillery at 2500 points. How well it will do I am unsure, really depends on terrain. If someone can get with a turn's march of you with a solid unit, you're screwed, panic will also make a mess of you.

kris.sherriff
12-07-2010, 09:37
Or drop a unit and add in some fanatics the the ones that are left...

Kris

thesheriff
12-07-2010, 09:44
yes, its never more fun than when they reach you gobbo gunline and a load of fanatics hurtle towards them. When they make impact, you simply shoot them to avoid them hurting you

thesheriff

rtunian
12-07-2010, 12:49
yes, its never more fun than when they reach you gobbo gunline and a load of fanatics hurtle towards them. When they make impact, you simply shoot them to avoid them hurting you

thesheriff

you cannot shoot your own fanatics anymore. some say you never could (although i was pretty sure you could before). also when those fanatics die, you are taking a panic test on ld 7 or 5, depending on where in the line they are.

imo, bowline is not a good idea because small units of 20 gobs aren't going to do anything in combat, and you have to do something in combat to win. there are 2 scenarios which you might have enough room on the board to shoot, flee, shoot, flee, shoot, flee, shoot, flee, and hope... the one with diagonal deployment, and the one with horizontal deployment. otherwise, i think you'd be pretty boned

Gmaleron
12-07-2010, 18:37
From a competetive stanpoint: it wont do very well.

From a players standpoint: This list would looks like it would be alot of fun. I especially like the idea of massing a whole hord of fanatics within your bowmen and then unleashing them on a surprised foe. Drop 1 or two spear chukkas and throw in some fanatics then sit back and enjoy the show, good luck mate!