PDA

View Full Version : A few questions

ftayl5
12-07-2010, 07:31
Hey. I have a few questions for y'all.
Firstly, how does the (DE item) Chillblade work? Do the Toughness tests replace rolling to wound or are the toughness tests in addition to rolling to wound (making this weapon insane!)

Secondly does the HW&S ward save stack? For instance would savage orcs with HW&SHield have a 5+ ward save?
If not, would warriors of Tzeentch with HW&S have a 5+ ward save as teh rule specifically says that they can stack?

Also, as their are both 'common' and Dark Elf versions of the 'Potion of Strength' (the Dark Elf one costing 10pts more :wtf:) is there anything stopping me from taking 2 in one army list?

Thanks in advance

Zaustus
12-07-2010, 08:10
1. The DE book is quite clear that "No normal roll to wound is made for attacks with the Chillblade." (p.101) Toughness tests replace the normal wound rolls.

2. The parry save does not stack with normal ward saves. The Mark of Tzeentch is a special rule that adds +1 to a ward save, or provides a 6+ ward if the model does not otherwise have one. Thus, Warriors of Tzeentch (with shields) get a 5++ in combat, while Savage Orcs don't get any benefit from the parry save. Actually, they're Frenzied so they don't even get the parry save in the first place.

3. Per the Dark Elf FAQ (p.2), you use the points cost from the DE book, with the item wording from the RBRB. They're not two different items, so you can't take two of them.

Frosty_TK
12-07-2010, 08:18
Zaustus seems to have it right.

ftayl5
12-07-2010, 08:43
Thanks for that.
I must have missed those bits and I forgot that Savage Orcs were Frenzied, they were just an example, first thing with a ward save that sprung to mind.

Falkman
12-07-2010, 11:26
They're not two different items, so you can't take two of them.
Yes they are.
One is a Common Enchanted item, the other one is a Dark elf Enchanted item.
They don't even have the same rules.

Perfectly legal to take both.

SideshowLucifer
12-07-2010, 12:20
Sadly, they are not leagal to take both. It's spelled out pretty clearly in the FAQ.

Falkman
12-07-2010, 14:39
No, there is nothing in the FAQ about it.

Zaustus
12-07-2010, 15:28
Yes, there is Falkman. Page 2 of the FAQ, just like I said. In the right column, the entry that starts "Page 100 - Common Magic Items."

It's very clear that it is the same item and you cannot "use two" of them. You use the points cost from the DE book, and the rules from the RBRB.

Reinier
12-07-2010, 15:40
The point is that the FAQ is ruling over the common magic items.

Dark elves have common magic items and their own items. The Potion of Strengt is their own item (meaby you are confusing with power stone) so the item in the common list in the BRB is a different item and can be bought in addition to the item in their own list.

Falkman
12-07-2010, 16:17
What Reinier said.
The FAQ part concerns Common items that appear in both books, and the Dark elf Potion of Strength is not a common item, thus the FAQ has nothing to do with it.