PDA

View Full Version : WoC Mark of Nurgle FAQ

Urdokadin
12-07-2010, 07:47
In the previous FAQ they changed the wording on the mark of nurgle and included the stipulation that it reduces ws -1 to a minimum of 1.
In the new FAQ they removed that particular bit of wording, it now simply states:
Page 110 – The Mark of Nurgle
Change the second paragraph to “Ranged attacks that target
him are at -1 To Hit. Models that target him in close combat
are at -1 WS.”

Now here's something to ponder, is this intentional or not? If this is by RAW then a unit which fails a fear check vs nurgle marked units will automatically be hit and will be unable to strike anyone due to weapon skill 0.

This wouldn't be a question at all except for the fact that this current batch of FAQS actually overturned some of the previous decisions in the last FAQ (like how the bloodskull pendant could swipe into and out of challenges).

So is this intentional or not?

Gratan
12-07-2010, 08:10
In the previous FAQ they changed the wording on the mark of nurgle and included the stipulation that it reduces ws -1 to a minimum of 1.
In the new FAQ they removed that particular bit of wording, it now simply states:
Page 110 – The Mark of Nurgle
Change the second paragraph to “Ranged attacks that target
him are at -1 To Hit. Models that target him in close combat
are at -1 WS.”

Now here's something to ponder, is this intentional or not? If this is by RAW then a unit which fails a fear check vs nurgle marked units will automatically be hit and will be unable to strike anyone due to weapon skill 0.

This wouldn't be a question at all except for the fact that this current batch of FAQS actually overturned some of the previous decisions in the last FAQ (like how the bloodskull pendant could swipe into and out of challenges).

So is this intentional or not?

Yeah, this questions already come up in two threads already. I pretty much asked the same thing and no one seems to know yet....

For your review:

http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=265486

http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=265834

Gazak Blacktoof
12-07-2010, 08:16
I've never seen a modifier to initiative, weaponskill or attacks reduce them to anything less than a minimum of 1. I think they messed up the FAQ.

geldedgoat
12-07-2010, 15:58
They messed it up big time. Now it's not even clear when it's appropriate to apply the -1 WS modifier. At least in the unnecessarily nerfed 7th Edition errata it was perfectly obvious when modifiers were to be applied. Now? Not so much.

Lugburz
12-07-2010, 18:57
the way I see it, the effect of mark of Nurgle only applied when targeting, so if failing a fear check against MoN models, you are not allowed to attack, because targetting reduce your ws to 0, but when defending, you still have 1 ws, and they don't auto-hit.

teleologica
13-07-2010, 10:34
I agree with Lugburz. Fear is taken at the beginning of the phase, if failed it reduces WS to 1. Then when they come to target the Nurgle unit it's reduced to 0, and they can't attack. When the Nurgle unit attacks they need 3s, due to fear.