PDA

View Full Version : NEW HIGH ELF PLAYER (800pt. List)

Gmaleron
12-07-2010, 18:17
Hello everyone. With the recent release of the 8th edition for Fantasy i have decided to go and do a LOTR themed high elf army (for many reasons but the main one is that the LOTR elf minitures look way cooler) and the best part is it is still leagal to play in fantasy GT's because they are GW models. We are starting an escalation league at my gaming store with the starting point value being 800 and the one rule being you cant take a lord choice yet. This is what i have come with and please i am new to fantasy for the most part so all help and advice is appreciated.

LORDS AND HEROES:
-Level 2 Mage
*w/ Lore of Fire
*(Starwood Staff) or (Seerstaff of Saphery and Silver Wand) or (Ring of Fury) or (Staff of Sorcery)

CORE:
-x15 Lothern Sea Guard
*w/ Champion, Musician, Banner

-x15 Lothern Sea Guard
*w/ Champion, Musician, Banner

SPECIAL:
-x10 Phoenix Guard
*w/ Keeper of the Flame, Musician, Banner

TOTAL POINTS: 795

Overall i think this is a very balanced list and also since it is such a small point game i feel i have quite a few models on the table as well. I plan on sticking my mage probably in one of the lothern seaguard units so incase he miscasts i wont lose my phoenix guard. Now if you noticed with my mage i am having one hell of a time deciding what magic items to give him. The options above are the choices ive narrowed it down to so if you can please help me choose one that would be great. Thanks again for all the help mates!

D'Haran
12-07-2010, 19:58
so much different stuff you can do with 800 pts, you list looks good, definitely lots of bodies on the board. You don't have alot of hitting power, but you might be able to get away without it, and with your Pg there's definitely survivability.

your second option for the mages equipment is illegal as you can't have 2 arcane items on the same mage. That said silver wand and RoF would be my choice with this army.

Gmaleron
12-07-2010, 22:20
Alright but i only have 45 points to spend on magic items with this list, what would you recommend? get rid of one of my lothern seaguard so my mage can have 50 points of magic items?

harbringer
18-10-2013, 17:17
Did you get island of blood? In that case I would advise replacing one of you LSG units with a Swordmasters unit, w/Banner of world dragon. Even if you did not, I think this would be a good idea.

Knifeparty
18-10-2013, 17:33
What army book are you using? 7th edition?

First off, I think you are using the old book so I would go buy the new book that came out about 6 months ago.

Until you do that I can't comment much because the points values for things are different, but I will say that you should put the 2 lothern sea guard units together into one big unit. You also will need either one unit of Ellyrian Reavers or a Great Eagle. I would drop the Phoenix Guard and replace them with either Sword Masters or preferably White Lions. The "best" size for White Lions/Sword Masters is 21 men, 7 wide and 3 ranks. Phoenix Guard are good in this formation as well but you don't need to because they can tank other units by staying 5 wide and 4 ranks deep if you take 20, which I suggest you should.

Basically you need a chaff/re-director unit (Ellyrian Reavers) and a hard hitting unit (Swordmasters/White Lions). As of right now you only really have a couple of support units that won't win games on their own. I would consider a dispel scroll on the mage too.

Brotheroracle
20-10-2013, 03:29
Thread-o-mancy ftw! OP is from 2010.

Knifeparty
20-10-2013, 03:51
lol wtf?

words and stuff....