PDA

View Full Version : 2k Warriors of Chaos 8th Ed

Ghost Warrior
12-07-2010, 18:20
Not too sure about this list, seeing what other people think now.

Exalted Hero (General) -175pts
+ Shield
+ Mark of Tzeentch
+ Sword of Battle
+ Collar of Khorne

Exalted Hero -200pts
+ Battle Standard Bearer
+ Shield
+ Mark of Tzeentch
+ Axe of Khorne
+ Ironcurse Icon

Sorcerer -120pts
+ Level 2

Chaos Warriors x18 -358pts
+ Shields
+ Mark of Tzeentch
+ Full Command
+ Rapturous Standard

Chaos Warriors x18 -363pts
+ Shields
+ Mark of Tzeentch
+ Full Command
+ War Banner

Chaos Warriors x15 -358pts
+ Shields
+ Mark of Tzeentch
+ Musician
+ Standard Bearer

Chaos Warhounds x5 -30pts

Trolls x6 -270pts

Hellcannon -205pts

I'm not sure whether to go halberds on a unit or include some marauders. What do you guys think?

Ghost Warrior
13-07-2010, 18:29
No suggestions?

randomkrazy
13-07-2010, 19:23
seems pretty straight forward. i think mages are great in 8th edition I would recommend taking 2 if you can find the points. what lore do u usually take with ur current one? have you considered a dscroll or infernal puppet?

I'm assuming u run the warriors 6wide in 3 ranks. Watch out for units that will tar pit u with a horde with their 4-5 ranks and flank u with knights or something nasty. If ur going survivable I would go super survivable, if your going killy id suggest halberds and khorne for your warriors.

General strategy is march warriors down the middle send trolls on flank and shoot away with hellcannon?

I'm not postive but im pretty sure only 1 unit of warriors can have a magic standard not all? U can give the magic banner to BSB instead of warriors.

thesheriff
13-07-2010, 19:47
I like the list. Your warrior units will do well. I would recomend Mark of Khorne and extra hand weapons on the smaller unit, a for all out killing powernd halberds on the big unit

And i would drop the exalted without bsb for throgg. Its a straight swap, and he's very good. witrh the new rules for using breath weapons, and he fact he makes your trolls core and that he is....well....a MONSTER!. But, if you are going completly tzeentch, its a nice theme

@Randomkrazy - yes youy can have multiple magic banners

thesheriff

hohenheim
13-07-2010, 20:14
I'd change the Heroes' magic items. The BSB should try to survive to provide his bonuses and the other one can be more killy.

Exalted Hero (General) -184pts
+ Shield
+ Mark of Tzeentch
+ Helm of Many Eyes
+ Collar of Khorne
+ Halberd

Exalted Hero -195pts
+ Battle Standard Bearer
+ Mark of Tzeentch
+ Talisman of Preservation (3++ when combined with MoT)
+ Charmed Shield

immortal git
13-07-2010, 21:14
throgg is a great idea as the trolls are like what ld 4? they will need to be near the bsb at all times or they will do jack, drop a troll so that they rank up better, or drop something else and have another troll, i would suggest some marauders as they are now the best cheap infantry in the game in my opinion, mok and great weapons, unit of 30 is 200 points with command, who could say no to that?

popisdead
15-07-2010, 23:08
drop your general and make the lvl 2 a lvl 4.

Throgg is allow re-roll of the trolls at ld 8 for stupidity. HELLO PEOPLE!?!?!??! utterly awesome unit!?!?!?!?!!!!!!!!

MrMiscast
16-07-2010, 00:03
It looks like a solid list but Im a bit concerned about the list having several anvils but no real hammer. The list coul definitely skip a warrior unit in exchange for some mobility. Knights, Ogre, or Dragon Ogres would be a good addition I think.