PDA

View Full Version : Purple Sun and Focus Familiar

sturguard
12-07-2010, 19:22
I think I know the answer but wanted to confirm.

If I am using the focus familiar and thus make my wizard cast a spell 6" from his position and suffer a miscast, do I put the template where I cast the spell from- ie still 6" away from the caster?

Thanks.

theunwantedbeing
12-07-2010, 19:43
The familiar just lets you cast from the position, sadly it doesnt let you miscast from that position.

Desert Rain
12-07-2010, 20:29
It is still the sorceress that casts the spell, so the miscast affects her not where her familiar is.

Lord Zarkov
12-07-2010, 22:41
On a similar note, if you cast Purple Sun from a focus familier and you roll a misfire on the artillary dice then does the template centre over the familier, or jump back to the Sorceress.

theunwantedbeing
12-07-2010, 23:15
The familiar as it is still cast, its just cast from where the familiar is. So you place the template over the familiar.

If your really horribly unlucky the template will scatter onto your mage :P

Lord Zarkov
12-07-2010, 23:19
If your really horribly unlucky the template will scatter onto your mage :P

Should be safe from that, it's an RiP spell so you can choose to end it at any time - so at the very least before it scatters, and potentially after seeing the direction it will scatter - obviously models where it's originaly placed will be hit, but seems a good call for damage limitation to my mind.