PDA

View Full Version : Beasts 2500 need help

Delusionist
12-07-2010, 22:02
Great brey shaman
-lvl4, chalice of dark rain

Beastlord
-heavy armour, uncanny senses, gnarled hide, ramhorn helm, re-roll armoursave item, steelclaws
*with bestigors
**I really wanted the pelt of shadowgave (mostly for fluff reasons) but also to protect the bestigors, but I think this is better.

Wargor
-BSB, great weapon(can he have it?) +2 save, reroll save once item
*with Big gore unit

40 Gors
-2 hand weapons, full command

2*20 Gors (one in ambush)
2 hand weapons,full command
2*185=370

4*5 ungor raiders (two in ambush)

Tuskgor chariot

29 Bestigors
-full command

4*minos with GW
champion with ini 10 sword

Jabberslythe

Total 2460

Don't really know what to add or remove. For fluff reasons I need the shaman and a fighty character. The blades should look cool, and the armoursave combo should be fine, until I meet someone who ignores saves. I'm not sure if he should have a wardsave instead. The bestigor unit is probably too big, but I really like the models so I have to have some of them. I just like the thought of having a Jabber, but I think I'd be better off with a Gorgon or Cygor.

bluemage
12-07-2010, 22:29
The Jabberslythe is interesting but I think you would be much better off with a gorgon or cygor now.

I would also give the minotaurs shields or extra hand weapons instead of greatweapons. If you strike last, you'll probably lose a mino or two before you get your attacks off.

Also what lore will you give your wizard? I would go with beasts as your blocks would really benefit from having +1 S and +1 T. And as the base spell is so good, you might be better off with two level 2 shamans then one level 4.

lcfr
12-07-2010, 23:51
Wargor
-BSB, great weapon(can he have it?) +2 save, reroll save once item
*with Big gore unit

Yes, he can have a GW.

40 Gors

2*20 Gors (one in ambush)
2 hand weapons,full command
2*185=37

Where are all the ungors?!

4*5 ungor raiders (two in ambush)

From my experience, raiders are pretty useless...that's just me, of course. Ambushing or not, they're nothing more than minor nuisances.

Tuskgor chariot

You're 5pts over!

29 Bestigors
-full command

I agree with above poster: too many!

Jabberslythe

I'm planning on running a Cygor instead of a Jabberslythe...my Jabberslythe's uses are kinda limited. Scouting harpies and the odd ambusher (along w/Chalice) takes care of artillery, and the Jabber isn't tooled up to fight, really.

One suggestion on Herdstone was to run the Jabby like a suicide bomb at the enemy BSB or arch-wizard...I really like the Jabby too, and I like the idea of running one, but I think the Cygor deserves a shot...

Delusionist
20-07-2010, 19:12
Thanks for the comments.I did some changes on the list, but I'm not sure if it's better or worse.

--Lords

Great brey shaman
-lvl4, chalice of dark rain
I really really wanted him to fly for fluff reasons. I thought of giving him the carpet and putting him with some harpies, but I guess he can't join units even though they are flying. I guess having a lone flying wizard isn't a goodidea?

Beastlord
-heavy armour, uncanny senses, gougetusks,+4 wardsave, steelclaws
*with bestigors
I think I made him a lot worse. I wanted the pelt of shadowgave or the stuborn crown, and ended up putting neither on him. I'm really lost with this character, some help would be nice.

--Heroes

Wargor
-BSB, great weapon(can he have it?) Gnarled hide, heavyarmour, ramhorn helm, re-roll one save
*with Big gor unit
Still thinking about the beast banner. Would it be worth it?

Brey shaman
-dispel scroll

--Core

40 Gors

40 Ungors
-full command
Not sure about these guys. I like gors a lot more, but I think I need some bodies. Might still go for 20 more gors and 11 raiders.

15 Gors (ambushing)
-2 hand weapons

2*5 ungor raiders (one in ambush?)

Tuskgor chariot

--Special

23 Bestigors
-full command with banner of discipline

6 Centigors

2*5 harpies

--Rare
Ghorgon

Total: 2455

I'd like to add a chariot, but I really don't know what to remove. Might just spend the rest beefing up my units.

immortal git
20-07-2010, 19:18
what ideas do you have for the ghorgon?

Delusionist
20-07-2010, 19:34
Just seemed like a logical thing to do cause I dropped the Jabber. Also have a somewhat good conversion idea so I'd like to have the model. I'm doing the army like some kind of southern army, so I'll have Sabertusks and Rhinox's pulling my chariots, and I figured the manticore would make a good ghorgon (the wings should look good as arms). Also my girlfriend recently piced up the game and is doing a wolf themed goblin army (cause of our really cute puppy), so I think some cats in my army would make her like it more.

I'm not really sure what to do with the ghorgon yet though, but it seems kinda killy. Removing it might make the army better though.

Acctually I think it would be best to have all the rare monsters converted, give lore of the wild to the lvl4 mage and summon what I need. This was my idea as long as I thought I could have him fly,as the ranges are pretty short and the spells are situational.