PDA

View Full Version : Frenzy and charge...

macbeth
13-07-2010, 07:03
Sorry if that's already been posted, I checked and found nothing.

Here's the deal:
In the past, when you were affected by frenzy, and when there was something to charge, you had to chare, full stop.

And that was easy: WoC of Khorne had a unit at 8' or less had to charge.

But what about now? You still have to charge (unless you pass a Ld check), but how do you know that you are at range? I can see two ways:

1)If there is a unit at 12+M' (16' for the WoC aforementioned), that is to say at the furthest you can charge, you have to declare the charge or pass a Ld check.

2)You roll the dices first, see if there's anything at range, and then try to refrain if you want to.

Which one -if any- is correct?

And, by the way, the problem is the same for Bretonian knight errants...

Ovassilias
13-07-2010, 07:19
p70 berserk rules.

If u can declare a charge against a visible enemy u roll LD, if u pass u choose, if u loose LD u declare it.

So 1 is correct, 12"+M sadly.

Geep
13-07-2010, 07:46
So you can slow a frenzied unit down by putting something in front of it... that'll be wierd.

Ovassilias
13-07-2010, 07:51
well kinda yeah.

If the frenzy unit cant declare a charge it wont have to pass an LD.

Since charges are no longer declared at the same time it is still risky, if your "screen" charges and leaves an oppening for the frenzy unit behind it is still the same thing.

But i wouldnt worry too much....if BSB is close u re-roll the LD check.

Rogzor87
13-07-2010, 07:57
I am curious if you would have to roll charge range then? or do you get the max distance with frenzied units?

Ovassilias
13-07-2010, 08:06
I am curious if you would have to roll charge range then? or do you get the max distance with frenzied units?

you roll....:wtf:

thus, u must be really lucky to roll double 6's, otherwise its a failed charge :confused:

Rogzor87
13-07-2010, 08:18
Wow, that is really lame.

xxRavenxx
13-07-2010, 08:45
Yes, more lame then people standing eight inches from you, at an annoying angle, and laughing as your unit automaticly turns itself sideways without anything you can do, and they flee off, leaving you to be bashed senseless on a sidecharge. :P

New frenzy is much better than old frenzy...

Archangelion
13-07-2010, 10:25
Of course, if someone is using a screening unit to try and slow you down... if you are lucky (or they are unlucky, your pick) your frenzied unit could end up chargeing their screening unit.

Lord of the End Times
13-07-2010, 14:28
Yes, more lame then people standing eight inches from you, at an annoying angle, and laughing as your unit automaticly turns itself sideways without anything you can do, and they flee off, leaving you to be bashed senseless on a sidecharge. :P

New frenzy is much better than old frenzy...

It is still a pain but I would agree with the above statement. Just keep within your generals leadership bubble and BSB bubble and it'll be fine.