PDA

View Full Version : Ethereal Chimaera/Fire Dragon ?

Kalandros
13-07-2010, 07:37
So huh..

Vampire Lord - Spectral Form, Forbidden Lore: Beasts

Yeah hi, I'm a giant see-through monster!

Potentially game breaking against non-magic armies? O_o

The rules only say the wizard cannot channel, cast or use magic items/mundane equipment
So I'm not wrong in that the vamp's bloodline powers (red fury instead of ethereal, why not? :D and hatred etc) still work, right?

Ovassilias
13-07-2010, 07:46
why do ppl try to find more and more and more.....

its exactly like that HE question "it still has Speed of Asuryan"...

you are transformed into a new creature that has a profile AND special rules.

You are still the general but not a vampire.
and before a smart guy starts saying "roll for cramble".....have some logic and use the rules with common sence.

until an official GW responce comes out to tell you that the model keeps all of its "special" abillities i suggest use it as the transformed model and not trying to abuse it.

Kalandros
13-07-2010, 08:46
I'm having logic and using the rules with common sense.
It only forbids the use of items and spells, NOT any special rule currently available to the character, the rules are incomplete, they are not definitive, so I'm going with the very ambiguous rules given.

If they had bothered explaining more there would be no debate, as it is nothing of what you said is in any way more valid than what I'm suggesting.

Falkman
13-07-2010, 09:47
Bloodline powers should work as normal, correct.
A Mountain chimera with Red fury is a scary prospect indeed.

Lord Zarkov
13-07-2010, 09:57
I'm having logic and using the rules with common sense.
It only forbids the use of items and spells, NOT any special rule currently available to the character, the rules are incomplete, they are not definitive, so I'm going with the very ambiguous rules given.

If they had bothered explaining more there would be no debate, as it is nothing of what you said is in any way more valid than what I'm suggesting.

Not sure about Bloodline powers, but special rules definitely go - Special Rules are part of your profile and you replace the ones you have with the new set of special rules on the profile of the Arcane Creature you turn into

Valaraukar
13-07-2010, 12:54
If you're happy for a lord of change to turn into one wielding the staff of change then fine I guess :wtf: