PDA

View Full Version : Fozzrik's Unfolding Fortress

Awilla the Hun
13-07-2010, 11:55
Anyone used this yet? And can anyone suggest any uses?

The Unknown
13-07-2010, 12:17
din't use it but i was thinking if you set it up on the flank of your army maybe in combination with some other terrain you can close up the whole flank ... if only for a turn or two

PigeonSmythe
20-07-2010, 11:20
I have used it with my Skaven and stuck in a Unit of 15 Jezzails. They can all fire 360 arc (5 per floor they all can shoot from the standard watchtower model). It gives the unit a great field of fire and you can stick them at the back. I protected it at floor level with units to prevent it being assaulted. Thought this was a pretty decent use of it. (I did have to keep my bell away from it to prevent the bell accidentally smashing it though).

N1AK
20-07-2010, 12:06
I have used it with my Skaven and stuck in a Unit of 15 Jezzails. They can all fire 360 arc (5 per floor they all can shoot from the standard watchtower model). It gives the unit a great field of fire and you can stick them at the back. I protected it at floor level with units to prevent it being assaulted. Thought this was a pretty decent use of it. (I did have to keep my bell away from it to prevent the bell accidentally smashing it though).

You're basically taking a Lord to field it and give him no upgrades. For armies like Empire, Skaven, O&G where Lords can be quite cheap it's definitely an option. For armies where the Lord is a vital component I doubt many people would consider it.

Oberon
20-07-2010, 12:24
My opponent uses the tower while fielding empire (war altar with the usual stuff+lv3 wizard lord with the tower) to anchor a flank/centre with. He puts the wizard lord and his unit of 20 handgunners there for the same benefits Pigeonsmythe does. They are pretty hard to shift from there and can shoot all around them, and with spearmen/swordsmen/warmachines/steam tanks moving about in the ground level capturing the tower isn't easy. Good item, but it does take upp all your points and you should base your plan around it (not surprising, seeing as the fortress IS your base...) for it to work.

Nocculum
20-07-2010, 12:53
Night Goblin Warboss
Fozzrik's Unfolding Fortress
155 points.

:D

SkawtheFalconer
20-07-2010, 14:00
I'm considering it for my Wood Elves (if I can fashion some kind of tree house of course :P)

Sandals
20-07-2010, 16:55
Liche high priest with cascket of souls and the fortress... :)

Malorian
20-07-2010, 18:25
A bunker for archers is nice. Being stubborn they can last there forever.

It should also be noted thay they can be the perfect place to protect your general and BSB as long as you are running a defensive army.

Tower in the back with a good sized unit in it and then the general and BSB. When you are attacked you pick 10 random guys to fight and all the while your key characters are 100% safe.

Icarus
20-07-2010, 19:22

This is a great plan and what I hope to do with my Skaven, glad to hear that it did well!

It also presents a cool modelling opportunity, I'd like to make a jagged tower of rock and warpstone that the Skaven summon from the earth.

DisasterMaster
20-07-2010, 19:52

The bell could also ring and break it down that way too, right? But taking both is fluffy. Skaven don't care about silly saftey standards.

On the other hand, I bet it would be extra satisfying to knock one of those down on purpose with crack's call or the bell. Instant 100 point loss in addition to whoever fails an initiative test.

em_en_oh_pee
21-07-2010, 05:43
I was thinking of using it in my Empire army for the excuse to buy the Watchtower kit. That thing is a beaut.

Urgat
21-07-2010, 06:57
Anyone used this yet? And can anyone suggest any uses?

Let's see... using a lord just for a tower? Maybe in a 5000pts battle :p

Bedboy
21-07-2010, 08:15
i've used it in 2 500 in my Lizardmen army. I put 26 temple guards, a slann and tetto'eko. I deployed my army next to the tower and let the scy cry out irresistble comets of casandora. It is a shame that the scenarios in the rulebook promote camping and point denial. :(

pootleberry
21-07-2010, 08:41
I would like to use it for fun in a HE Saphery mage list.

Paraelix
21-07-2010, 09:01
Night Goblin Warboss
155 points.

*pictures Fanatics flying out of the tower's windows... and not at ground level*

Odlox
21-07-2010, 20:55
1. Watchtower + Herdstone. 5ish shamans in the tower with a large unit of ungors or gors (for warmachine casualties). Miscast templates hits D6 models + potentialy the wizard. So it protects against warmachines, shooting and your own miscasts.

The problem is range, most spells the beastmen can get is up to 24". Except Lore of Shadow.

Im planning a list with 5 shamen, and lots of ambush. With long range hex spells, simple ambushing gors can be quite dangerous.

2. Any race with access to lore of shadow can use Smoke and Morrors (lore of shadow special ability) to transport infantry characters in and out of the watchtower.

Say in the beastmen army above. Move a large unit of gors up the middle, one wiz with lore of shadow in the unit, and 3 with lore of shadow in the watchtower. Wiz in unit cast a shadow spell and changes places with one in the watchtower (need to keep within 18" ofc). The new wiz in the unit can cast his spells from that position, and when successfully cast, can change places again, and so on... maybe ending the cycle with a combat char in the unit in front if close combat is imminent. This way risking 1 wiz at a time, with the rest safely tucked away in the watchtower.

Malorian
21-07-2010, 21:42
Interesting idea Odlox :)

We need more of the 'thinking outside of the box on this site :D

Stonewyrm
22-07-2010, 01:31
Yeah Malorian thinking outside of the box is good.

But these rules are screaming abuse. As a Bret what is preventing me from taking a unit of 150 to 200 Peasent Bowmen and 2 Trebs? With the tower that's 50% (1000 - 1500 pts) and the minimum 3 units.

The other 50% of the points I put into chars. General, Lv 4 Heavens, BsB and the rest Lv2s. I make sure I have the Prayer Icon and the Holy Icon for awsome ward (2+ or 3+) against magic. Banner of Defence maybe? Ruby Goblet? Braid of Bordeleaux for Ld +1 at a critical point. And now.... Drum roll please..... Gleaming Pennant!! Re-roll first failed Ld for 5pts!!!

So, template weapons kill d6 random (read:bowmen) models. Shooting is at -2 to hit (-3 if you cheat and make them Skirmishers). Magic might be a problem but templates don't work (see above) and charateristic tests will kill half, who cares. Assaulting will get you max 10 dead bowmen and a break test that will only fail about 7% of the time. Plus you can only assault once per turn.

So the weak spot is spells that target individual targets. Most still allow a ward save right? We still have the 3+?

Now we can bunker all but 180 pts. Only 15 bowmen can shoot but mages have 360' sight with a range of up to 48".

Now what could a "real infantry" army do with something like this. I guess you wouldn't even need to bunker all your points in it, just make it a firing platform for mages and place it 12" from your table edge so you can cover almost the whole table. Is it worth 100pts? For none/some/most/all armies? I don't know but I do know that my Brets wont be able to do a thing about it if someone uses it against me.

I'm almost afraid to think about those armies that have sick magic bows like HE and WE with those "counts as bolt thrower" thingies. Or Slann with Temple Guard using Skinks to cast through.

So my question is.........who can pack the most filth in a tower?

Zagdag
23-07-2010, 07:24
Night Goblin Warboss
155 points.

I have a tower I built for my night gobbos just for looks, you mean to tell me i can actually use it now?

Well no, not really. Short bows in a tower sounds like a recipie for dissapointment in my gobbos only army. Maybe it would be good for a defense senario though...

Thoughts anyone?

snottlebocket
23-07-2010, 07:33
I have a tower I built for my night gobbos just for looks, you mean to tell me i can actually use it now?

Well no, not really. Short bows in a tower sounds like a recipie for dissapointment in my gobbos only army. Maybe it would be good for a defense senario though...

Thoughts anyone?

I've been trying to find a good use for it myself in my goblin army. The main problem is that as far as I can tell, you're only allowed to put a single unit into it.

So if a lone character takes refuge or if you mount a single warmachine in it, that's it. Best use I can figure out so far is just sticking a lv4 in it with a token bodyguard and put the tower somewhere central.

Thalenchar
23-07-2010, 22:41
yeah, only one unit in a tower. It's obviously a single building and you can only have one unit in a single building (p. 126). You can, however, have as many characters as you want in there.
I am wondering though, how does being in a tower affect my opponent's TLOS? I mean, I understand that I can be shot at if they see the tower, but how about sniping out my BSB. I could argue that you can't see him in there at all which would make him ever better protected! Defensive armies could then totally use this. Empire General w Tower, big unit of handgunners / crossbowmen and BSB inside the tower, a Stank parked in front of the door and the rest of the gunline army deployed around it.

snottlebocket
23-07-2010, 22:48
yeah, only one unit in a tower. It's obviously a single building and you can only have one unit in a single building (p. 126). You can, however, have as many characters as you want in there.
I am wondering though, how does being in a tower affect my opponent's TLOS? I mean, I understand that I can be shot at if they see the tower, but how about sniping out my BSB. I could argue that you can't see him in there at all which would make him ever better protected! Defensive armies could then totally use this. Empire General w Tower, big unit of handgunners / crossbowmen and BSB inside the tower, a Stank parked in front of the door and the rest of the gunline army deployed around it.

Well you get hard cover, which is probably better than anything else you're going to get, short of just deploying him out of sight. Sniping on top of hard cover is -3 to hit, -4 if he's shooting at long range. Pretty steep odds, especially when combined with protective kit.

If you're sure your opponent has no nasty scouts, flying critters or any other super quick ambushers, you could just deploy your bsb behind the tower instead of inside. Deploy the tower with the door facing your deployment zone. Stick the bsb completely out of sight behind the tower, have him pop in the door as soon as something threatening approaches.

Thalenchar
24-07-2010, 15:46
So what you are saying is that anyone who can see the tower can pick out the BSB, assuming they have the proper ability (or spell) to pick out any model from a unit they can see, albeit with -3 modifier (at least)?
That would mean the BSB had just grown immensly in size and it would actually be a disadvantage putting him in the tower (as a defense vs targeted shooting anyway).
I'm not suggesting the BSB would be invisible or anything, I'm just wondering how that works :)

snottlebocket
24-07-2010, 16:06
So what you are saying is that anyone who can see the tower can pick out the BSB, assuming they have the proper ability (or spell) to pick out any model from a unit they can see, albeit with -3 modifier (at least)?
That would mean the BSB had just grown immensly in size and it would actually be a disadvantage putting him in the tower (as a defense vs targeted shooting anyway).
I'm not suggesting the BSB would be invisible or anything, I'm just wondering how that works :)

Well the building rules simply state that the building provides no defence against shooting other than providing hard cover. Against magic it doesn't even provide that.

Ie. there's no rules for 'standing away from the window' or anything like that. You don't become invisible by standing in a building.

Thalenchar
24-07-2010, 16:30
That is both true. I think it would be a bit too 'good' if being inside a building would allow a character to become invisible. I just think it's funny that now, because a character is inside a building, he can now be seen (and hit) by anyone who can see the tower! Like it's a giant magnifying glass!
I would definitely put my BSB behind said tower and have him run in when the enemy comes near :p

Sandals
24-07-2010, 18:17
well i can't imagine a BSB being much good to his own troops if he was hiding in the tower's basement!

logically if his own side get the benefit of his abilities, he must be able to be seen and therefore shot at.

snottlebocket
24-07-2010, 18:21
That is both true. I think it would be a bit too 'good' if being inside a building would allow a character to become invisible. I just think it's funny that now, because a character is inside a building, he can now be seen (and hit) by anyone who can see the tower! Like it's a giant magnifying glass!
I would definitely put my BSB behind said tower and have him run in when the enemy comes near :p

Well buildings aren't all that safe when people decide they want to attack it. Small arms fire pouring through the windows, potentially ricocheting off the walls is bad but at least the structure protects against that.

But once people start shooting cannonballs and lobbing rocks at the building, it's really not all that safe when chunks of wall start flying through the room and the ceiling is coming down. Never mind when some beardy loony starts snapping his fingers to ignite the air in the room.

ScytheSwathe
24-07-2010, 23:16
I think jezzails are one of teh better units to put in your tower, because they benefit quite alot from the 360 LOs due to being move or shoot, and at S6 can nail pretty much anything, then they become far harder to hurt, and will each get 2 attacks when defending from an assault, so better than most. Plus, they are unlikely to benefit from SiN, which is fine, as you dont get ranks in a building anyway.

Im lookign forward to the guy who has a squad of 50 handgunners in a tower, modelled to have 10 floors. Fantasy skyscrapers FTW.

Also it should be written into the rules that skaven towers should be modelled with a horned bell on top

Nkari
25-07-2010, 14:50
The folding fortress rules says that if you scratch built it, it must be as close to the real watchtower as possible.. so no 10 floors, no 10" footprint etc.. The dimensions of the GW watchtower, with 3 floors is all you get..

snottlebocket
25-07-2010, 14:55
The folding fortress rules says that if you scratch built it, it must be as close to the real watchtower as possible.. so no 10 floors, no 10" footprint etc.. The dimensions of the GW watchtower, with 3 floors is all you get..

Which is the reason I can't find that many uses for the tower really. Jezzails aside most missile units don't benefit enough from only having 15 shooters available and a single artillery piece can't really defend the tower.

The best I can think of is sticking a sorcerer lord in there with a bodyguard unit. Something to anchor your defensive army around. Even then it's a pretty big investment, I'd say it's only worth it if you have a very cheap secondary lord that can sacrifice his magic item selection to buy the tower. Which makes for a very short final list of armies that can use the tower.

Thalenchar
25-07-2010, 21:47
That would make it a somewhat viable choice for Skaven. Get a warlord with a halberd and give him the Fortress. Put a unit of 15 Jezzails in there and you're set to go. This might actually make a fun addition to a Skaven Shooty Army.
*starts to wonder about what a list like that would look like*
Sheesh, I need to stop coming here so often. Every time I leave I have a new army idea to work out....

Angelic Dawn.
17-08-2010, 19:08
Wonder if you would still count as having Ranks (in combat no, but how about ) for things like.. Say Morks spirit totem, while in there.

Malorian
17-08-2010, 19:10
Wonder if you would still count as having Ranks for things like.. Say Morks spirit totem while in there.

You are not in formation, so no ranks, so no use to spirit totem.

Macavity
17-08-2010, 19:40
Crack's call!

Uriain
18-08-2010, 03:29
Supreme Sorceress
Pendant (for miscasts)
LifeTaker
Focus Familiar
Lore of Fire

19 Repeater Crossbowmen
FC (incase I need to leave the tower)

31 shots a turn (3 being str4) plus a Boat load of damage dealing spells. Couple this with 360 line of site gives you an EXCELLENT anchor unit to use on the flank, but more importantly, in the center of your army, so you can support each flank at your leisure

sergentzimm
18-08-2010, 04:23
I was thinking a slaan, with the no 6's within 24", temple guard with the banner of magic stupidity w/in 18". You would have to put this on a simple saurus old blood, but it would create a hell of a bunker. This could also get rid of the issues with purple sun and being in the second rank...

Thinking about doing this for Ard Boyz for s&g

Kirasu
18-08-2010, 14:51
Buildings are one of the most overpowered thing in the rulebook.. I use this tower with my lizards for amusement to try and see how crazy it is

With the current victory conditions you can make a list with lizards for 3k points that has 2 70pt skink units, characters and then a unit of saurus.. You put all the characters you want and the saurus in the building. It is totally invulnerable except to skaven and only then to the bell and cracks call (which still isnt automatic)

Then all you gotta do is kill +100 points of units with your slaan or skinks to win because youve denied 2860 points from your opponent. If you think you can easily kill that unit in the bunker youre wrong heh.. It takes 5 khorne chaos lords 13 turns on average due to how buildings work

VP denial is king in 8th because there are no more table corners generally nor do banners give as many VPs. Before you needed like 1200 pts for a "massacre" now you just need double.. or +100 for a win as opposed to 400-500

Macavity
18-08-2010, 15:08
Unless, of course, you play scenarios that have different victory conditions.

I'm a bit confused about how 140 points of skinks and spell work is a guarantee of getting 100pts more than your opponent. Yes, your unit might well survive, but it can be shot to crap, your Slaan (yes even Slaan) can be limited by the winds of magic, and (though it's unlikely) mis-cast. Their spells can kill a lot of your Saurus, and, as most of this thread has been taking up with saying, your General Mr.Slaan CAN be picked out, and if all you are allowing your opponent to try is to kill him, then all that -3 targetted stuff will eventually break through. This is the most extreme "Eggs in one basket" case ever, and it will work for you sometimes (if you want everyone you play to be bored and hate you), but it's hardly a guarantee of victory.

P.S. Is there really no non-magical way of destroying a building? I seem to remember a recent bat rep with a hellcannon....??

Macavity
18-08-2010, 15:32
Addendum:

Are there not a couple of lovely spells now that have the whole unit test against Initiative? Against Saurus with a Slaan leader, an IF on one of those should eliminate enough of the unit to be over-come pretty quickly, and again, if I was facing that set up, I'd start in right away on that plan, trusting the rest of my army to clean up your skinks.

Kirasu
18-08-2010, 20:53
Unless, of course, you play scenarios that have different victory conditions.

I'm a bit confused about how 140 points of skinks and spell work is a guarantee of getting 100pts more than your opponent. Yes, your unit might well survive, but it can be shot to crap, your Slaan (yes even Slaan) can be limited by the winds of magic, and (though it's unlikely) mis-cast. Their spells can kill a lot of your Saurus, and, as most of this thread has been taking up with saying, your General Mr.Slaan CAN be picked out, and if all you are allowing your opponent to try is to kill him, then all that -3 targetted stuff will eventually break through. This is the most extreme "Eggs in one basket" case ever, and it will work for you sometimes (if you want everyone you play to be bored and hate you), but it's hardly a guarantee of victory.

P.S. Is there really no non-magical way of destroying a building? I seem to remember a recent bat rep with a hellcannon....??

Again I said, if you know the rules for buildings :p Miscasts kill d6 saurus, wow thats huge.. Buildings are basically invincible which is absurd. Yes it is all your eggs in one basket but aside from cracks call (Which isnt that reliable given it can be easily dispelled) I do not see any way to reliably kill the unit. Do you know how hard it is to kill even 1 unit of 25 saurus? Try 75 now.

Im not saying It'll win every time what Im saying its an absurd strategy that can very well beat most armies and is dumb to play because of how ill thought out the building rules are

Obviously different missions could impact the victory conditions. Its just like the watch tower mission, whoever controls it basically wins the game on the first turn due to the building rules (Assuming they have a half decent unit to put inside)

My above example of 2 skink units is extreme but it provides an example of how victory point denial can lead to armies such as those using the tower.. Or as I call it Warhammer Tower Defense :p

My real 3000k list is 75 saurus + slann, 12 salamanders and 2-3 units of camo skinks. The slann and saurus sit inside the bunker providing me with around 1500 pts you cant get and then the salamanders run around being overpowered also.. Its a pretty lame list! and i never play it cept for tournaments as its totally designed to abuse the a few of the badly written rules

Macavity
20-08-2010, 01:25
Yeah, re-read the rules on buildings (Still sneaking others books, I'm just getting the mini in the box set). Flaming attacks re-rolling could be helpful, though I'm definitely seeing your point. Once in there, if killing is needed, it will be tough.

tiekwando
20-08-2010, 07:17
I would try teclis with either of the two target all models spells from life or metal. Along with a few swordmaster squads (the only thing I can think that will reliably do enough wounds once you are weakened).

Otherwise I would try to kill your salamanders and rack up the points and then keep my probably single models worth 250vp away from your tower.

Not saying it would always work, but it could possibly work.

SimRobert2001
30-09-2010, 00:11
What is this item? is it in the main rulebook?

decker_cky
30-09-2010, 05:17
I'd flat out side as far away from the tower and force a draw. Sometimes the best strategy is not to fight at all.

BTW, anyone with dwellers below would stand a good chance of eating your slann and winning the game in a single shot.

Malorian
30-09-2010, 14:36
My real 3000k list is 75 saurus + slann, 12 salamanders and 2-3 units of camo skinks. The slann and saurus sit inside the bunker providing me with around 1500 pts you cant get and then the salamanders run around being overpowered also.. Its a pretty lame list! and i never play it cept for tournaments as its totally designed to abuse the a few of the badly written rules

I'd just rush the salamanders and take the win...

russellmoo
30-09-2010, 17:24
I know someone who runs what he calls "The Cap-ten" unit- it is an empire army featuring 40 swordsmen and 10 captains, in the front of the unit- This means when he assaults the building he gets 30 attacks- and yes they have great weapons and are WS5, so WS 5, Str 6, 3 Attacks- now suppose as happened in the game I was playing he IF's to get ASF and an additional attack- What I'm saying is that this unit could cut through your lizards-

So not only is there what i would call abuse of the building rules, but also abuse of character rules- GW should have created more of a limit on characters- why not 25% Lords, 25% Heroes- but only upto 40% of your army can be characters- or 25% Lords, 25% Heroes with 1 choice each per 1000 pts rounding up- so at 2500 you could field 3 Lords, and 3 Heroes, as long as they don't run over 625 per category.

I like steadfast in the building- but I think the other rules for assaulting a building are strange and don't really work well.

Malorian
30-09-2010, 17:31
What rules do you not like about buildings?

Only thing I can think of is that you should stay locked in combat unless someone breaks, but then that would make things messy if another unit counter charged.

N810
30-09-2010, 18:02
What about stone throwers and other template weapons..?

the gribbly
30-09-2010, 18:51
I am glad to see this finally come up as a topic. I have been using the tower for every 8th edition game with my wood elves so far and am loving it. It shores up some weaknesses for us in 8th edition and is very fluffy IMO. I have almost completed my "Oak of Ages" conversion which I can post if anyone is interested in seeing it (upon completion of course). Also you can see my current list below if anyone is interested. Also includes a real short breakdown of some of the perceived benefits of the tower and one or two house rules we employ around here. -grib
EDIT- Now with linky:
http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=261684&page=35 (http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=261617&page=35)

decker_cky
30-09-2010, 18:59
Building should have a max size of regiment that can occupy them (10 per floor or something). They also should have included the rules for destroying buildings in the core rules.

Destruction2
30-09-2010, 19:02
one of the guys at my local store came up with this one:

Prince w/fozzrik's folding fortress
teclis w/whatever lore you like
noble bsb w/banner of the world dragon
caradran
160 lothern sea guard w/full comm and shields
2 great eagles

this at 3k, i think you can possibly fit another char. Basically you cant kill them all, immune to magic, teclis blasts them for 6 turns, templates only hit d6 models, stubborn on ld10 with a re-roll, only 10 models get to fight in combat and you get to pick which ones, hard cover.
its pretty awesome

N810
30-09-2010, 19:10
Well I supose I could take Lord Mazumundi
as he has a spell that collapses buildings
and hurts it's occupents. :evilgrin:

Malorian
30-09-2010, 19:12
one of the guys at my local store came up with this one:

Prince w/fozzrik's folding fortress
teclis w/whatever lore you like
noble bsb w/banner of the world dragon
caradran
160 lothern sea guard w/full comm and shields
2 great eagles

this at 3k, i think you can possibly fit another char. Basically you cant kill them all, immune to magic, teclis blasts them for 6 turns, templates only hit d6 models, stubborn on ld10 with a re-roll, only 10 models get to fight in combat and you get to pick which ones, hard cover.
its pretty awesome

1. Watch tower: If he gets this mission he is screwed as he can't start in it and can't capture it while hiding.

2. Eagles: Those are 100 points, so all the opponent will try to do is kill them and not even bother dealing with the tower (rememebr you will only get 15 shots from the seaguard).

3. Friends: He won't have any.

Well I supose I could take Lord Mazumundi
as he has a spell that collapses buildings
and hurts it's occupents. :evilgrin:

And I just finished mine! :D

Destruction2
30-09-2010, 19:47
it was just a random list he made for a laugh and do u seriously think that teclis isnt going to kill more than 100 points in 6 turns

puckus10
30-09-2010, 19:50
how many points is it?Left my Rule Book at home.

decker_cky
30-09-2010, 20:01
Can any lore besides purple sun cause damage at over 24" away? The secret with such games is to sit back and let your opponent waste time. 5/6 games are a draw, and you should be able to beat them in a watchtower scenario. Heavens with comet and thunderbolt might be able to do a bit. Lore of light has a few magic missiles. Final transmutation seems like the only spell that'd really net any points if you roll a lucky 6 on the right character. Fire might be able to panic something with burning head.

Honestly though....I just don't think Teclis would win many games where opponents remain beyond 24".

russellmoo
30-09-2010, 20:05
I don't like that each side selects 10 and they get all of their attacks- it makes already overpowered units (chaos chosen) even more overpowered-

a18no
30-09-2010, 20:06
Can any lore besides purple sun cause damage at over 24" away? The secret with such games is to sit back and let your opponent waste time. 5/6 games are a draw, and you should be able to beat them in a watchtower scenario. Heavens with comet and thunderbolt might be able to do a bit. Lore of light has a few magic missiles. Final transmutation seems like the only spell that'd really net any points if you roll a lucky 6 on the right character. Fire might be able to panic something with burning head.

Honestly though....I just don't think Teclis would win many games where opponents remain beyond 24".

You absolutly need spells that target any model in a unit. Throwing any number of magical missile won't help you at all, too much people in it.

But what of fire lore?? Always re-roll to wound, multi fire damage are stonger... maybe something to try. Ok, not against High elf trick but could be good with lezard...

N810
30-09-2010, 21:30

Yep Lore of heavens....
Most of those damage spell have long or unlimited range.

Destruction2
30-09-2010, 21:45
the unit is immune to all spells because of the banner of the world dragon