PDA

View Full Version : TK magic... I'm I understanding this right?

Malorian
13-07-2010, 15:27
So if I'm reading the faq right does this mean that TK cast incantations just like before except now they use the 2D6 power dice for bound items/wizard hat.

And then their priests and high priests only care about their wizard level for dispelling.

Is this correct?

Simondo
13-07-2010, 15:35
Everything you have says is correct, but don't forget that those power dice can be used to dispel RIP spells as well.... It's a good time to be a Liche priest :S

Malorian
13-07-2010, 15:36
Everything you have says is correct, but don't forget that those power dice can be used to dispel RIP spells as well.... It's a good time to be a Liche priest :S

It is indeed then :eek:

Enigmatik1
13-07-2010, 15:55
Why bother using PDs to dispel those when you can crack open a Kanopi and get them all in one fell swoop? :D

Lyynark
13-07-2010, 16:42
Why bother using PDs to dispel those when you can crack open a Kanopi and get them all in one fell swoop? :D

Because you have to use PD in order crack open the Kanopi?

Gazak Blacktoof
13-07-2010, 19:23
You also have to take the kanopi. I never found points for it in 6th or 7th, I doubt I would in 8th either. I'd rather give my priests something mroe generally useful.

HeroFox
13-07-2010, 19:25
If Kanopi works the way it was FAQ'd back in the day, then spells that persist till the next magic phase also get dispelled aka Okkam's Mindrazor.

You might want to rethink that investment :)

Someone chk on this plz (dont have my book or a fast loading internets right now)

Gazak Blacktoof
13-07-2010, 19:29
RIP spells only according to my TK book.

fenrisnorth
13-07-2010, 19:32
Once a spell is cast it cannot be dispelled unless it is a remains in play spell, until next magic phase spells are inviolate

Enigmatik1
13-07-2010, 19:54
You also have to take the kanopi. I never found points for it in 6th or 7th, I doubt I would in 8th either. I'd rather give my priests something mroe generally useful.

I think it's a crap shoot, unless you know your opponents well enough to know they'll be attempting to have several RiP spells in effect at the same time ala Ogre Kingdoms. It's not an auto-include, but I definitely think it deserves some additional consideration.

I've used it several times in 7E, usually against High Elves (usually on my Casket Priest) and I never regretted it because I absolutely HATE Flames of the Phoenix and my opponent always rolls that damnable spell.

EldarWonderland
13-07-2010, 21:23
I take it against Ogres as nearly all their spells are(were?) RIP.