PDA

View Full Version : 1k Beastmen

PBGhost
27-05-2005, 11:22
I want a pure beast army. I don't like the idea of scroll caddies much. My magic defence is sheer weight of numbers :)
Comments/Questions/Rampant Flaming?

Wargor 60
Horn of the Great Hunt 30
Heavy Armour 4
Great Weapon 4
Total 98

4x Beastherd
8 Gors 56
12 Ungors 48
Full Command 35
Total 139x4 = 548

3x 6 Warhounds 36
Total 3x36 = 108

Tuskgor Chariot 85

10 Bestigors 120
Mark of Undivided
Full Command 30
Total 150

Total Points 997
Casting/Dispell Pool: 2
Models: 110
Unit Strength: 131
Wounds: 114

EDIT: Forgot Tactics...3 Herds and the Wargor ambush behind the enemy, trying to charge at the same time as the units coming up the front. In my deployment zone, I will have the hounds shielding Beastherd and Bestigors, with the chariot skittering from hiding spot to hiding spot until it can get into combat/a decent amount of the enemy force is tied up.

Cpt. Drill
27-05-2005, 12:00
its quite good but the problem is those 10 besigor will not win combats! i would ditch the chariot and add another rank to the bestigor!

And it is a nice force but i can see it getting dull! try to be able to do something in every phase! instead of just the movement, it will make foir a more fun game! (admittedly this is hard with chaos...bah)

moonlightpines
27-05-2005, 12:38
I would advise upgrading to Khornegors, they hit twice as hard for only +45 pts.

Also why use the warhounds to screen when the herd at -1 to hit does a much better job?

Cpt. Drill
27-05-2005, 12:52
warhounds work great on flnks! and a unit of gor in the side or front!!!

PBGhost
27-05-2005, 20:06
But warhounds and other Raiders cant negate ranks right?

EDIT: Taking the Bestigor unit up to 15 and ditching the chariot, I have 28 points left, 12 of which I can use to get more hounds. Any other suggestions? Im not entirely sure I want to mark the Bestigors...

Inquisitor DreaxIV
28-05-2005, 06:21
Looks like a good traditional beast list there but i can think of a few changes....

When i usually take bestigors, ill have a unit of 16 of them and put them 4 by 4.
Maybe 18 so if they suffer casualties they still get extra ranks. Chariots work really well paired together so keep that in my mind when you expand the army.
If the bestigors are at 10 models strong dont give them full command.

moonlightpines made a good point by saying you should upgrade the bestigors to khorngors because you'll also get an extra dispel dice which will help with your lack of magic :)
Otherwise, good list and happy hunting

Math Mathonwy
30-05-2005, 08:22
EDIT: Forgot Tactics...3 Herds and the Wargor ambush behind the enemy, trying to charge at the same time as the units coming up the front. In my deployment zone, I will have the hounds shielding Beastherd and Bestigors, with the chariot skittering from hiding spot to hiding spot until it can get into combat/a decent amount of the enemy force is tied up.
I'm a bit rusty with the Beastmen rules, but mustn't the general be on the board to sound the ambush?

Otherwise a good looking list, but drop the standard from the Bestigors and try to upgrade them to Khorngors if possible.