PDA

View Full Version : TLOS and Dwarf Cannons?

phoenixcrh
13-07-2010, 17:05
Ok after reading the rules for TLOS, war machines and the cannon I have come the some what strange conclusion that a cannon can fire through interposing units.

for example a dwarf cannon is directly behind a unit of dwarf warriors wanting to fire on a unit of chaos warriors 20 inches away, with no hills involved.

TLOS says I only have to see from my dwarfs eyes part of the other model, the head, to hit it. Bare in mind that dwarf models are quite short ;)

The cannon targeting rules says I pick a spot within TLOS and maximum range then place a marker ready for bounce.

The bolt thrower, which works on similar principles, can fire through interposing units to another enemy units but has to add hard cover, which is -2 to its to hit role.

Now I am leaning towards this all sounding stupid and for fairplay wouldnt normally use this but, aslong as you dont place the marker ontop of one of your own units and it is in range, then you can shoot through your own infantry to hit the enemy. Thus hiding your precious cannons from WM hunters and harm.

What do you think?

jet_palero
13-07-2010, 17:10
The only restriction is that there can be no chance at all of hitting your own unit or an enemy unit in close combat. (this rule should have been repeated for all war machines but wasn't, strangely enough).

So yes, I think this is an allowed rule. Technically LOS is also drawn from your cannon's muzzle rather than its crew.

Malorian
13-07-2010, 17:17
Yup it's stupid, and part of the reason I don't like true line of sight.