PDA

View Full Version : 1k High Elves

TheSaxon
13-07-2010, 23:47
Hey all, I'm going to be starting a new HE army soon and I'm trying to figure out some point progressions for 1k, 1.5k, etc.

The style I want to build up for is an elite army; white lions, sword masters, and shadow warriors making up the main body of the army, along with white lion chariots and a few choice characters.

So here's my proposed 1k list, it's 4 points over but my group won't mind, we're pretty loose about a few points here and there.

Heroes
Alith Anar

Core Units
20 Lothern Sea Guard
- Full Command
- Shields
Cost: 285

Special Units
White Lion Chariot
Cost: 140
7 Shadow Warriors
Cost: 112
14 White Lions
- Champion
Cost: 222

Total Cost: 1004

The idea behind the sea guard is to be combo archer/spearmen. They'll line up 10 wide, walk forward while shooting, and end up reforming before combat.

The Shadow Warriors with Alith will do their thing behind enemy lines, while the white lions and lion chariot look for something juicy to smash (the white lions will line up in 2 ranks of 7 wide).

all C&C welcome =)

popisdead
15-07-2010, 23:07
Alith Anar at this points level may not be that useful. You are lacking a mage, and with spells such as Curse of Arrow attraction, stubborn, 5+ ward I'm surprised you haven't put a mage in.

hacknslashgamer
17-07-2010, 07:01
I agree with popisdead a HE army needs a mage even at low levels to protect a unit with a dispell