PDA

View Full Version : 800 points of Empire for Escalation League

Templar47
14-07-2010, 09:23
Well, as it says a bove my store is starting an escaltion league so all the old players at my store and all of the new ones getting into Warhammer for the first time can test out the 8th edition rulebook and see what it has to offer. The league will start with lists of 800 points, and from there will go on to either 2,500 or 3,000 points. So without further ado here's my first attempt so tell me what you guys think.

*Captain:
-w/AOMI, GW, Pistol

*(24x)Halberds:
-w/Full Command

(24x) Spearmen:
-w/Full Command

*(14x) Great Swords: (w/Captain)
-w/Full Command

*(12x) Crossbows:

*Mortar

*Mortar

Total: 799 points

thesheriff
14-07-2010, 09:27
Looks good. Halberds have gotten alot better, especially in 3 ranks of 10. Spearmen work well in 6x4 for good tarpiting. I would suggest a Warrior priest instead of a captain, or consider one next for the points level up. He can use his prayers to shift some of your power dice. And Mortars are always nice, especially in small games

thesheriff

Templar47
14-07-2010, 17:53
I thought about a Warrior Priest for the hatred, but I decided to go with the Captain due to him being a bit more killy in CC, and he's a few points cheaper. However, I 'm also tempted to try out a lvl. 2 Fire Mage as well but I'm not sure if its worth it.

Damocles8
16-07-2010, 01:46
Oh the fire mages are fun.....some sickeningly fun spells in that lore, especially for empire

thesheriff
16-07-2010, 10:27
Just take a lv.1 fire mage and take fireball. when you roll your pool, if you get laods of dice (9+), you cast the highest level fireball for 3D6 S4 hits on a unit in range. Very shooty!

Templar47
18-07-2010, 05:16
Thnx for the replies so far. After I decided to move some points around and came up with another list. This will be my 2nd attempt at so tell me what you guys think and is it better then the first one.

*Captain:
-w/Sword of Might, Pistol, Full Plate Armor, Shield, Barded Warhorse

-Wizard: (Lore of Fire)
-w/HW, lvl. 1, Wizards Staff

*(24x)Halberds:
-w/Full Command

(24x) Spearmen:
-w/Full Command, Shields

*(10x) Crossbows: (w/Wizard)

*(5x) I.C. Knights of the Blazing Sun (w/Captain)
-w/Full Command

*Mortar

Pretty simple. The mortar with the crossbows nearby will shoot at everything that moves with the mage casting fireballs at any enemy foolish enought to get too close ( right Damocles8 :P), while both blocks of infantry (both in a 6x4 formation) and the knights will form a battle line and depending on the enemy, will either for a defensive formation or move forward on the offensive.

Oh and I forgot to mention this but the Escalation League doesn't start till August 1st, so it will give me sometime to prepare for it :D.

Gmaleron
18-07-2010, 20:52
Thnx for the replies so far. After I decided to move some points around and came up with another list. This will be my 2nd attempt at so tell me what you guys think and is it better then the first one.

*Captain:
-w/Sword of Might, Pistol, Full Plate Armor, Shield, Barded Warhorse

-Wizard: (Lore of Fire)
-w/HW, lvl. 1, Wizards Staff

*(24x)Halberds:
-w/Full Command

(24x) Spearmen:
-w/Full Command, Shields

*(10x) Crossbows: (w/Wizard)

*(5x) I.C. Knights of the Blazing Sun (w/Captain)
-w/Full Command

*Mortar

Pretty simple. The mortar with the crossbows nearby will shoot at everything that moves with the mage casting fireballs at any enemy foolish enought to get too close ( right Damocles8 :P), while both blocks of infantry (both in a 6x4 formation) and the knights will form a battle line and depending on the enemy, will either for a defensive formation or move forward on the offensive.

Oh and I forgot to mention this but the Escalation League doesn't start till August 1st, so it will give me sometime to prepare for it :D.

The escalation league started this month mate just a heads up so you might have to get ready to make a 1200 point list here shortly for August :D. Other then that it looks pretty good and much more versatile then your first attempt.

lordfestius
19-07-2010, 20:24
Still a BsB is neede for Empire armys :chrome: