PDA

View Full Version : Swords of Chaos Horde?

Rhamiel
14-07-2010, 10:04
Ok i don't have the new rulebook so i'm unsure on the rules for hordes.
But i was wondering if you can have a horde of cavalry?
I was thinking that in Legendary Battles, or just being stupid in say a 3500 point game. You could field a horde of Chaos Knights with Archaon.

i think that you wouldn't actually be allowed to fit the points in becuase you need to have 30 atleast and thats 1200 points just to start with so thats at least a 4800 point game.

but can anyone else imagine the destruction they could cause?

just wondering if it is plausible in a large enough game

Rhamiel

jme
14-07-2010, 10:09
Yep you can use the horde rule for cav. Plus you can use them in a 2400 point game as you can use up to 50% on special.

Rhamiel
14-07-2010, 10:41
can you my bad, i can't remember the new charts either.
i find the new charts so bad for Warriors of Chaos because all of their stuff is so expensive, so after spending the first 50% of points on cores, you can't fit in much else with the remaining points.
and you can't do it in 2400, because i would want to have Archaon leading them, so i would need about 4000 to fit in the 50% core and the Knights plus Archaon.

i feel the new organization chart really stictrues the Warriors of Chaos.

Rhamiel

Hydex
14-07-2010, 11:02
can you my bad, i can't remember the new charts either.
i find the new charts so bad for Warriors of Chaos because all of their stuff is so expensive, so after spending the first 50% of points on cores, you can't fit in much else with the remaining points.
and you can't do it in 2400, because i would want to have Archaon leading them, so i would need about 4000 to fit in the 50% core and the Knights plus Archaon.

i feel the new organization chart really stictrues the Warriors of Chaos.

Rhamiel

You only need 25% on core.

It's not that hard to remember... : 25% MAX Lords, 25% MAX Heroes, 25% MIN Cores, 50% MAX Specials, 25% MAX Specials Rares (plus rules to forbid more than 3 of the same special and 2 of the same rare in <3k games)

Rhamiel
14-07-2010, 13:03
oh my god i have the worst memory in the universe. that makes it a whole lot easier. thanks you. :) i can now to my lists and see which one i want to collect

Rhamiel

theSkullduggery1
14-07-2010, 13:44
I just wanted to point out that Hydex meant to sat 25% Max Rare (not specials twice), I'm sure you already figured that out though.

Anyways, it would be very expensive and there are much cheaper units that kill almost as well. And now that the charge distance of infantry has increased, your warriors/marauders will be in combat sooner and with larger cheaper blocks.

I would hate to see a large template over your ridiculously expensive unit that has some type of no armour saves attack (not sure if there is one, but it wouldn't surprise me).

Rhamiel
14-07-2010, 13:49
oh i know, but i would love to just get a huge unit of knights. i would never really use it to be honest because as you said it could be destroyed so easily.
but it would be a fun modelling opotunity, mking each guy heavily detailed with lots green stuff extras. make them each individual, cause they have all been with Archaon since the begginning and therfore be heavuly adorned!

thats something i'm gonna post on the fluff section, because surely by now each of the swords of chaos would be easily level to an exhalted hero. can you imagine a unit like that ;)

Rhamiel

Hydex
14-07-2010, 13:50
I just wanted to point out that Hydex meant to sat 25% Max Rare (not specials twice), I'm sure you already figured that out though.

Yep Typo, sorry :D

Anyways, it would be very expensive and there are much cheaper units that kill almost as well. And now that the charge distance of infantry has increased, your warriors/marauders will be in combat sooner and with larger cheaper blocks.

I would hate to see a large template over your ridiculously expensive unit that has some type of no armour saves attack (not sure if there is one, but it wouldn't surprise me).

Agreed, Armies using a single Death Star are really vulnerable to templates or spells affecting the whole unit. My vote goes with small units of Chaos cav and using them on flanks, they are really "killy" there.

But as always, if you think it's fun, paint it and try it, it's gotta be impressive on the table :D

Rhamiel
14-07-2010, 14:40
damn right :D

Jericho
14-07-2010, 16:51
Highly recommend something like the Blasted Standard on that unit for a decent ward save :) Does Archaon have MR? Combined with mark of Tzeentch that unit would be pretty tough. Slaanesh would be a waste, Nurgle wouldn't help against templates of doom, and Khorne only would get you +1A on the front rank (and not their horses anymore either).

I bet there are better things to Horde with out there, but it sure would be fun to see :D

Rhamiel
15-07-2010, 10:55
yeh i agree to give them mark of tzeentch it's what i always gave them that before. i used to give them the Banner of Rage. but i think the blasted standard would be better.

thanks

Rhamiel

PurchasedPig
15-07-2010, 10:59
On the note of Horde Cavalry I'm just waiting to see a unit of 40 Goblin Wolf Riders in a Horde. It would be very entertaining.

-PurchasedPig-

SkawtheFalconer
15-07-2010, 15:50
If you need ranks to classify as a horde, then aren't Wolf riders Fast Cav, thus don't get ranks?

(apologies, a lot of supposition going on on my part - BRB not to hand)

Paraelix
16-07-2010, 07:20
If you need ranks to classify as a horde, then aren't Wolf riders Fast Cav, thus don't get ranks?

(apologies, a lot of supposition going on on my part - BRB not to hand)

Fast Cav get ranks now.