PDA

View Full Version : 2.5k HE

TheSaxon
14-07-2010, 14:43
So here's the end list I'll be planning on building toward. If anyone could point out any glaring mistakes, or comment on things to watch out for in games using this list, I'd be very grateful =).

Korhil goes w/swordmasters, Caradryn goes w/white lions so both will cause fear and be stubborn.

Lords (19%)
Teclis
Heroes (12.6%)
Korhil
Caradyn

Core Units (27.8%)
20 Lothern Sea Guard
- Full Command
- Shields
20 Spearmen
- Full Command
20 Spearmen
- Full Command

Special Units (40.6%)
White Lion Chariot
White Lion Chariot
17 White Lions
- Full Command
17 Swordmasters
- Champion
- Musician
10 Ellyrion Reavers
- Musician

bluemage
14-07-2010, 16:49
Only a couple of things I would call glaring mistakes. One is what lore of magic is Teclis using? As you have to decide when you write your list. Second, your list would really benefit from a bsb. You're hoping to have two stubborn blocks, and I can tell you that without a bsb, you'll have a bad round of combat, fail your leadership test and get run down. The third glaring mistake is your didn't bring a banner of sorcery. If you really want to dominate the magic phase, spend the 50 points on the banner. Average magic phase will have your 11 power dice against the opponents 4-5 dispel dice.

A couple of other things, I don't like Korhil in 8th. He's ~140 points, but still just t3 with a 4+ armor save. He's going to die very easily. Also where do you plan to hide teclis. If your opponent gets a block into combat with him, he's dead. Goblins will kill him in two rounds of combat. I think your ellyrion reaver unit is unnessesarily large. With 10 models you could deny ranks, but that assumes that not of them dies. Maybe they won't be shot, and maybe the return attacks will fail to kill one, but I doubt it. Use rank and file troops to deny ranks. Use the reavers to get rid of pesky warmachines or front charge units of infantry in order to kill wizards. And to do that, you won't need a unit of 10, two units of 5 would probably work better.

thesheriff
14-07-2010, 20:35
I like the list. I think all sea guard would be better than spearmen plain and simple. With the new volley fire rules, they become really versitile, and definatly worth it.

I would rop korhil for a lv.2 with the seerstaff and lore of life. Choosing Throne of vines and flesh to stone will seriously beef up your Seaguard. And techlis with lore of shadow will really kick ass S9 swordsmasters that are T7 is a great combo from both wizards for some definate killing power.

Finally, Phoinix guard are far better than white lions. I know it's hard to take, but 2+ ward againts magic far outweighs the coolness of the white lion models and background

thesheriff

TheSaxon
15-07-2010, 00:15
awesome feedback guys, i'm gonna revise the list and post revisions later.