PDA

View Full Version : Dispell Scrolls and Arcane slots?

Romulus68
14-07-2010, 15:22
1. Are they one per army now or just one per character?

2. Does the scroll now use your Arcane slot, so no Dispel Scroll and Sacrificial Dagger for my Dark Elf Sorceress anymore?

Atrahasis
14-07-2010, 15:26
Scrolls are not special in any way. They are normal arcane items.

Romulus68
14-07-2010, 16:20
Scrolls are not special in any way. They are normal arcane items.

Does this mean you can't take a Dispel Scroll along with another Arcane item on that character? Rule of Uniqueness in magic items (forget exact name)....one Dispel Scroll per army?

I think that is what you mean, but just clarifying, please.

Atrahasis
14-07-2010, 16:29
That's right - they're not special in any way.

Rhaivaen
14-07-2010, 16:34
Its clear enough that you can take multiple scrolls on different mages, as they aren't unique, BUT, can you have more then one on one mage? or is that now restricted?, I was told this was the case, but haven't seen the rules stating so yet.

Romulus68
14-07-2010, 16:38
Its clear enough that you can take multiple scrolls on different mages, as they aren't unique, BUT, can you have more then one on one mage? or is that now restricted?, I was told this was the case, but haven't seen the rules stating so yet.

I can't find where Dispel Scrolls ARE NOT guided by that rule that limits the other magic items to one per army.

It reads to me that they are a normal Arcane item, hence, one per army.

shartmatau
14-07-2010, 16:40
They always were magic items. Last edition there was a specific rule that allowed them to be taken along with another arcane item. That rule no longer exists, dispel scrolls and power stones are now just like every other magic item; one per army.

DTimbro
14-07-2010, 17:13
One dispel scroll per army, and it counts as an arcane item for purposes of what it takes up on a character. Simple enough.

N810
14-07-2010, 17:22
One generic dispell scroll per army....
although other characters could taks
some of the other new scrolls... as arcane items.

chivalrous
14-07-2010, 17:50
I think I'm more upset by the power stone's loss of multiplicity rather than the dispel scroll's. How are my Dark Elves possibly going to get by ;)

Tae
14-07-2010, 17:55
I think I'm more upset by the power stone's loss of multiplicity rather than the dispel scroll's. How are my Dark Elves possibly going to get by ;)

Another change to note is that stones also need a pool dice to be used, unlike 7th Ed. i.e. no more using all your dice and then going "ah ha! power stone!" you still need one pool dice to use it (much like the Slaan's 'bonus dice' power).