PDA

View Full Version : Rallied Doomwheel

JonnyTHM
14-07-2010, 15:57
I'd like an opinion on something:

A doomwheel rallies at the beginning of the compulsory movement phase in the 'rally fleeing troops' segment, does it then move in the make compulsory moves segment?

If it weren't compulsory movement i wouldn't question it, but I was under the impression that 'compulsory' means compulsory.

Kalandros
14-07-2010, 17:24
you've already performed your compulsory move by rallying, end of movement for you.

stripsteak
14-07-2010, 17:31
pg 24 is pretty clear on what a rallied unit can do in the movement phase it rallies.

JonnyTHM
14-07-2010, 17:52
Issues:
Kalandros
Rallying isn't a compulsory move, it's a stage of the compulsory move phase.

Stripsteak
The issue I'm having is with the line on page 24 under "Other Compulsory Moves". It seems to indicate that units are forced to move by their compulsory movement rules. Then the doomwheel rules don't have the word 'may' anywhere in them.

The problem I have is that it's one thing were it to only be advantageous for the doomwheel to move, but it's also possible that it's disadvantageous for the doomwheel to move.

To put it another way: can the doomwheel choose not to move in other turns? If it can't, why don't its rules make it move based on the part on page 24.

stripsteak
14-07-2010, 18:17
'a rallied unit can not perform further actions during the Movement phase' if the doom wheel rallied it is not allowed to do anything else that phase, so it's not a unit that is 'forced to move in the Compulsory Moves sub-phase' for this turn. It is actually directly forbidden from doing any more movement in the phase at all. So it's not subject to the 'Other Compulsory Moves' section.