PDA

View Full Version : legion of the damned

kenji ito
28-02-2006, 03:03
im looking for information on these guys, u know, rules, fluff, conversions. anybody?

IncubiLord
28-02-2006, 04:32
Chapter Approved 2004 has them within the Cursed Founding article.

Ultra-short bit of fluff and rules can be found there.
Don't know about conversions, but GW actually sells LotD models (or at least they used to).

Flagg07
28-02-2006, 06:33
Before they produced LotD, they simply painted them w/ a specific theme. Black PA, flames on legs/ shoulder pads, skull on the face/ helmet and then the rest of the skeleton on the appropriate body part, such as a femur on the leg. I actually preferred those examples to the ones they produced...

Other than that, what and where it can be found has been stated already.

Drak Bloodhelm
28-02-2006, 19:04
Short fluff on them, is that they were once a chapter known as the Fire Hawks. They contracted a sickness within the warp that caused their bodies to slowly waste away. Rather than just die, they renamed themselves the Legion of the Damned, and appear more or less, at random to aid the Imperial forces of Guard, Marines, etc, then just vanish away again after the fight.

Rules can be found for them in the Chapter Approved 2004, as IncubiLord mentioned allready. There was also a limited edition special character for them, that if you can find him, consider yourself lucky.

Other than that, on a more personal oppinion, the rules for them now, aren't as good as they used to be...

Darkseer
28-02-2006, 19:06
They're just standard marines that 'ghostly appear and disappear'.

As one of the incommunicate chapters, they don't seem to have terminators or the more fancy technology.

boogle
28-02-2006, 19:42
LOTD - it is specualted that they were the Fire Hawks, but it's not entirely confirmed, in games terms, they have an invulnerable save as standard, and often DS into battle.

If you want to make LOTD models reasonably cheaply, then just used normal marines and buy a boxed set of Skeletons, you slice various bones in half, and then apply them to the relevant sections of the power armour, alternatively, here's the link to the proper marines: http://uk.games-workshop.com/storefront/store.uk?do=Individual&code=COMP0101096&orignav=10, http://uk.games-workshop.com/storefront/store.uk?WCI=Menu&WCE=Search and here's a link to a couple of ebay auctions for the Ltd Ed Sgt:http://search.ebay.co.uk/search/search.dll?sofocus=unknown&sbrftog=1&from=R10&satitle=Sgt+Centurius&sacat=-1%26catref%3DC6&bs=Search&fsop=1%26fsoo%3D1&coaction=compare&copagenum=1&coentrypage=search&fgtp=&sargn=-1%26saslc%3D3&sadis=200&fpos=NE297RX&ga10244=10425&ftrt=1&ftrv=1&saprclo=&saprchi=

kenji ito
28-02-2006, 20:44
how could i make the guns though?

boogle
28-02-2006, 20:46
either get the skull like ones from Direst Sales, or add bones to the gun casing

lummy_al
01-03-2006, 17:58
I did LOTD before they were cool, i even did a LOTD rhino and terminators. Before all the fluff when they just had a paint scheme and no custom models.

I rock! LOL

Gamgee
02-03-2006, 08:16
You can mail order the original guns or send me a pm...

greets,

Gamgee

Apollyon
02-03-2006, 14:54
Best fluff in in WD 195 US all the info on Centurius !!! Who was THE Abaddon killer !

im looking for information on these guys, u know, rules, fluff, conversions. anybody?

kenji ito
02-03-2006, 20:16
Best fluff in in WD 195 US all the info on Centurius !!! Who was THE Abaddon killer !

centurius? who's that?

Borsil
11-03-2006, 17:31
there was also trail rules for them and some of the other cursed founding chapters in UK WD 279. in those rules they can use terminators and bascily everything else from a SM list, plus they get a couple of other troop types - Cursed Knights and Abominations :skull:

Gamgee
11-03-2006, 17:36
Hmm, can't find the right article in the fluff bible or my other sources. He's an old special character for the legion. It was a limited model and very rare, generating high prices on e-bay! That's the reason I never got him.

For current rules, its best to just use traits from the marine codex. Some moons ag I started a thread about which were the best, but we didn't come to a final conclusion.

I think the best way to approach the old rules would be:

-Uphold the honour of the emperor: (fot the 6+ inv save)
-See but Don't be Seen: infiltrate: their ghostly appearance

-Flesh over Steel: lack of vehicles
-Faithfull untik Death: the grievious losses

Bu using droppods and infiltrate you simulate the ghostly appearance, you could even convert special "clouds" or something from which they appear instead of regular pods.

The only thing you miss is their improved cc prowess, you could decide to give them "trust your battle brothers" instead of See but Don't bee seen and just use drop pods.

Key is, your oponent should have deployed everything before you, so an army with drop pod or (infiltrating) infantry, drop pod dread and perhaps a drop speeder would be great and legal!

greets,

Gamgee