PDA

View Full Version : Are there any rules for Siege Battles?

TheDireAvenger
15-07-2010, 11:04
I know in the new book there is a capture the Tower scenario that been receiving a lot of hate, but I'm wondering if there was some kind of rule-set to play LARGE Siege battles.

I'm not talking about just 1 Tower and some ruins, as in a large city surrounded by walls on all sides with 1 army completely inside with the other having to scale the walls to get in.

GW sells those Fortress Walls and Fortress Tower Terrain and I was thinking of making a large fortified city/castle. 40k had Cities of Death for urban terrain battles, what about WHFB?

Urgat
15-07-2010, 13:25
There was a siege supplement for 5th ed, additionnal rules at the end of the 6th ed brb , nothing for 7th, and people speculate that there's going to be expansions for 8th ed and siege rules might be in there somewhere. That's the summary of how things were, are and may be.

danny-d-b
15-07-2010, 14:41
there is the genrals compedium which not only included a single one of siege battle but also chain of mini battle of things that would lead up to the main fight (scouting, underground attacks, sallying forth to attack baggage/artillry e.c.t) though I think it might need up dating

Odin
15-07-2010, 15:59
I really hope they do a Siege supplement, with stratagems like in Cityfight. It needs those otherwise it can be quite dull.