PDA

View Full Version : Night Goblin Fanatics and Scatter Dice

Garr Sledgefist
15-07-2010, 19:57
The new rulebook says if you roll a HIT on a scatter dice, you do not move. Does this apply to Fanatics or have I missed something?

Greyfire
15-07-2010, 20:19
You need to go back to your army book. It should have some text in it that indicates that the little guy will move in the direction of the little arrow on the hit die face. If anyone wanted to say anything else you've always got "army book (mostly) trumps rule book" on your side.

Kugruk
15-07-2010, 20:34
You need to go back to your army book. It should have some text in it that indicates that the little guy will move in the direction of the little arrow on the hit die face. If anyone wanted to say anything else you've always got "army book (mostly) trumps rule book" on your side.

It does not actually say that, it just says that the fanatic moves in the direction indicated by the scatter dice, and i had a disagreement about what that meant until recently when I found out that the hit side of the scatter dice only has an arrow on the BIG GW artillery dice, not the tiny dice that come in the cubes. I was quite disappointed.

theorox
15-07-2010, 20:57
Hmm, reroll it?

Kugruk
15-07-2010, 21:30
Hmm, reroll it?

The large artillery dice actually have a small arrow on the HIT side that you are supposed to use on cases like these, however, the small GW dice don't actually have this marking.

Mr_Rose
15-07-2010, 21:36
The large artillery dice actually have a small arrow on the HIT side that you are supposed to use on cases like these, however, the small GW dice don't actually have this marking.
They do in fact have an arrow; it is, however, only marginally different than the other three "cross-hairs" and quite easy to miss.

Kugruk
15-07-2010, 21:46
They do in fact have an arrow; it is, however, only marginally different than the other three "cross-hairs" and quite easy to miss.

oh, I'll have to go home and look again. Man, you're correcting me left and right, Rose. THanks for keeping an eye out for me :P

Mr_Rose
15-07-2010, 21:50
oh, I'll have to go home and look again. Man, you're correcting me left and right, Rose. THanks for keeping an eye out for me :P
Eh, it's like a tiny 0.5mm divergence across the whole 2.5mm symbol; it's really easy to not see, especially from TT distance. And it might not be present on earlier batches; I heard a few complaints bout it back when they were first released too.

Greyfire
15-07-2010, 22:18
The large scatter and artillery dice are the only ones I've kept from GW. They got those dice just right.

TMATK
05-08-2010, 16:12
Can someone point out how fanatics are an exception to the p9 scatter rules?

The army book says they move randomly, the scatter rules in the rulebook describe how random movement works. They have a specific exception for the purple sun spell to use the little "hit" arrow; there's nothing in the faq about fanatics having that exception.

Am I missing something? I hope so; fanatics staying still 33% of the time means they are perma-benched.

Col. Dash
05-08-2010, 16:34
Scatter rules say go in the direction of the arrow. There is an arrow on the hit side thus they go that way. Fanatics even if you only bring one per unit like I do are worth every point and give some needed killyness to goblin units.

TMATK
05-08-2010, 16:39
Scatter rules say go in the direction of the arrow. There is an arrow on the hit side thus they go that way. ...

Scatter rules also say: "If a Hit! is rolled on the scatter dice, the object does not move -leave it in place and resolve the rest of the rule.

T10
05-08-2010, 17:00
Fanatics do not "scatter", they move in a random direction as determined by the scatter dice.

-T10

stripsteak
05-08-2010, 17:05
what suggests the fanatics follow the rules on pg 9? the fanatic rules layout how they move, distance 2d6 and random direction, they make no mention of scattering, they just mention using the 'scatter dice' to determine the direction.

The scatter rules on page 9 come into play when the rules call for an object to 'be placed on the battlefield an then scattered'. Look at stone thrower once the template has been placed 'roll for scatter'.

T10
05-08-2010, 17:28
Also, from the rulebook errata:

Page 7 – Dice
Add: “CHOOSING A RANDOM DIRECTION
Some rules require that you choose a random direction. To do
so, roll the scatter dice, and use the direction indicated by the
direction of the arrow. If you roll a Hit!, use the arrow shown
on the Hit! symbol to determine the direction.”

TMATK
05-08-2010, 17:30
Thanks guys, especially for the BRB reference. I see now that you all are correct.