PDA

View Full Version : Tomb King Magic

hd.40
16-07-2010, 01:59
Okay, you'll have to forgive me as my gaming group can't decide how this is suppose to be working.

But the faq for Tomb Kings states that they get a 2D6/3D6 to figure out their spells casting level.

But it states nothing on how your opponent gains his dispel dice. Does the Tomb King player still have to roll his 2D6 power dice to determine the dispell dice?

Alsiaie
16-07-2010, 02:14
You roll for Winds of Magic like everyone else. Your opponent's dispell dice are accumulated as normal to Winds of Magic. You actually do need power dice anyways to cast any bound spells or items.

Vandelan
16-07-2010, 06:45
Tomb Kings don't really need Winds of Magic all that much. They can really only use it to cast the actual bound spells they have in their magic item list, but they don't need the dice at all to cast incantations.

Reinier
16-07-2010, 07:31
Tomb kings are the master of magic now.
Take a high priest, a king and 2 liche priest.
Thats's 2x3+2x1+2+2= 12 powerdice + 2D6 which you can use for your bound items. Every phase, so no more worries of rolling a 6 and 1 for your magic. You have in this example at least 12 powerdice + your bound and your opponent max 6.

If you have only the banner of undinng legion you can throw up to 6 powerdice for that bound spel because you wont need them for your "normal"magic.

spiderman5z
17-07-2010, 08:12
use winds of magic to find out how many powerdice/dispell dice channel with wizards and cast ur incantations... it's simple enough....

Yrrdead
17-07-2010, 10:03
It's pretty amazing honestly. My buddy rolled up a 3 and 1 in his magic phase. I looked at my 3 dispel dice as he set out all his dice for each caster and peed a little. :(

Tykinkuula
17-07-2010, 16:19
Tomb kings are tournament-viable again? JOY!

Bac5665
17-07-2010, 16:46
Tomb kings are tournament-viable again? JOY!

Not really. Sure they have a great magic phase but 1) the spells themselves are still pretty 'meh,' and, 2) they still have nothing in the list that can actually deal the damage required to win in 8E.

So TK are still mostly unplayable until they get their book. Feel free to keep trying, and you will win some games, but most of the time, good luck.

soulreclaimer
21-07-2010, 16:43
So are you saying that Incantations can be cast standalone and we can also choose magic spells which we WOULD need to generate power dice for?

gdsora
21-07-2010, 16:51
So are you saying that Incantations can be cast standalone and we can also choose magic spells which we WOULD need to generate power dice for?

Unless, you have a bound item, or the wizards hat, you cant have any magic spells to use power dice for.

Tomb Kings, only ever use Incantations (unless, given a bound item/wizard hat)