PDA

View Full Version : Questions

Fechik
16-07-2010, 03:02
We played a our first few games under 8th edition and we came across some questions (Daemons vs Dwarfs, Skaven vs Daemons). Haven't really had that much time to read the book thoroughly so if these are stupid then let me know. If when answering you could point to where in the rule book the answers are that would be greatly appreciated so i can show the other folks.

If they've been asked before then apologies.

1. Does that really mean that you get 25% for Lords AND 25% for Heroes equaling 50% of your army on characters?

2. To our understanding there is no more difficult terrain, halving your movement (as in woods/forests). Is this correct? Only dangerous terrain tests when marching, fleeing, etc. But normal movement is unhindered?

3. Have Daemons gained the Unstable special rule or is it still Daemonic Instability?

I think that's all for now. I know there were more but I can't think of them.

Paraelix
16-07-2010, 05:27
Yes
Yes
Still stability unless the new FAQs say otherwise (though I doubt it will change)

EDIT- Certain terrain features have requirements though... I believe you cannot march when in a water feature.

jet_palero
16-07-2010, 05:54
There are four types of Terrain:
Open Ground
- No effects
Impassible Terrain
-You cannot voluntarily enter, but you can flee through it, in which case you treat it as dangerous terrain.
Mysterious Terrain
-Follow defined special rules for the terrain
Dangerous Terrani
-Roll a d6 for each model entering, on a 1 it suffers a wound with no armor save allowed. Chariots that fail a dangerous terrain test suffer d6 wounds.

Cavalry, Monstrous cavalry, and chariots treat all terrain other than open ground as being dangerous terrain.

There's a couple more specific rules, but those are the main ones.