“The Doomwheel has the Random Movement special rule,
with the following exceptions.
• If the move takes it into a friendly unit, the creature will
inflict D6+1 S6 Hits, distributed in the same manner as
shooting attacks, and then stop 1" away from the unit (or flee
through it if it is fleeing).”
• The Doomwheel treats terrain in the same manner as a
Chariot.”
Note that the ‘Loss of Control’ rule remains unchanged.

From the new FAQ, or the old one as it is not in pink but no one saw it.
Doomwheel now is not moved like a chariot, moves like all other random move units, I'm slightly crestfallen. It does get to shoot while fleeing now, not an improvement but how it should have worked.

Lord Inquisitor
16-07-2010, 06:26
The original set of rules (the mess that they were) broadly supported this. The old FAQ made things worse and ended up not matching up to the way anyone played it and really didn't make much sense.

A chariot with random move seems like a much improved answer.

mightyzombie
16-07-2010, 07:36
The original set of rules (the mess that they were) broadly supported this. The old FAQ made things worse and ended up not matching up to the way anyone played it and really didn't make much sense.

A chariot with random move seems like a much improved answer.

Agreed. The way it moved before, especially after the FAQ, was complicated and counter-intuitive. The funny thing is, I realized after reading the new rules, that that's how I've been moving mine all along.

Kugruk
16-07-2010, 10:29
Agreed. The way it moved before, especially after the FAQ, was complicated and counter-intuitive. The funny thing is, I realized after reading the new rules, that that's how I've been moving mine all along.

A smart man once said "At least the doomwheel can still charge backwards. Can't win 'em all."

Edit: Also Doomwheel takes D6 wounds from dangerous terrain tests, woot! Maybe ill get lucky one of these times and not have to worry about it 1 shotting my stegadons lol