PDA

View Full Version : Daenyathos

Foolish Mortal
16-07-2010, 13:01
I pre ordered this from Black Library a little over a week ago, which is set for an August release, and I've received my copy today.....am i right in thinking this is a little strange?

Now don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining, it just seemed a little early to be getting it yet. A few days in advance I can understand, but a couple of weeks??

Anyway, at least it was packaged much better than the Iron Warrior book I ordered.

So, has anyone else got their's yet?

reds8n
16-07-2010, 14:03
Blimey, I've pre ordered as well, I hope mine turns up as well.

First impressions then please ?

EDIT : hooray ! My copy is here too.

DarkWarrior1981
18-07-2010, 09:01
This sounds great, I pre-ordered my copy some days ago, so I can hope for a delivery within the next days. Very nice. :)

Lord_Dante
18-07-2010, 10:57
My copy is with DHL at the moment. From the numbers on the website they've sold nearly 600 already so maybe they didn't want a major amount of work on release day?

lijah_cuu
18-07-2010, 12:55
Black library normally send out the pre orders up to 4 weeks in advance of the release date so that they will to wherever it is in the world they are being sent to before the official release day. Obviously thats great for us in the UK!!

Earthbeard
18-07-2010, 14:03
To Qoute a nearby GW worker.

"We put the BL books out early now, seeing as WHSmith and Waterstones do the **********"

Lord_Dante
19-07-2010, 11:02
Just got my book. Half through the story and it's great so far. Quality of the book is superb too. Only flaw I feel is the art work. Some of it is so basic it's an outline and some is so crap I think I could do better (Monkeys with crayons are more artistic than me).

Still happy overall though :)

lijah_cuu
20-07-2010, 09:39
I've found the artwork disappointing - don't get me wrong its far better than I can do - but it seems like they went through Mark Bedfords(?) scrapbook and photocopied some of his doodles..
The thing that annoys me most about these books is having to pay the 10 courier fee. It feels such a rip off!!

To Qoute a nearby GW worker.

"We put the BL books out early now, seeing as WHSmith and Waterstones do the **********"

The reason that Waterstones and WHSmiths put them out early is that BL / HarperCollins don't put an embargo on the release date for them. As far as the book shop is concerned: new book comes in, new book goes on the shelf.
It is up to the publisher/distributor to set an embargo for when a new book can be put on the shelf - its mainly for big new releases though from mainstream authors (and ruddy Jordan.....)

Lord_Dante
20-07-2010, 11:04
Yeah postage really put me off but I split an order with a mate so it was only 5 at least.

RobC
20-07-2010, 12:08
The reason that Waterstones and WHSmiths put them out early is that BL / HarperCollins don't put an embargo on the release date for them. As far as the book shop is concerned: new book comes in, new book goes on the shelf.
It is up to the publisher/distributor to set an embargo for when a new book can be put on the shelf - its mainly for big new releases though from mainstream authors (and ruddy Jordan.....)What tends to happen is that shop X puts the book out early, leading to a rush as every other shop puts their stock out so as not to be at a disadvantage. These days it requires a harsh contract between the publisher and bookshop (e.g. Harry Potter) to ensure a release date isn't ignored.