PDA

View Full Version : Cool army idea: Kislev Bear Riders...

Your Mum Rang
28-02-2006, 16:48
Using the Ogre Kingdoms rules you could have yourself an entire (although VERY VERY expensive) army of Bear Mounted Kislevites.

Basic riders would count as Bulls and GW armed riders count as Ironguts.
Big bloke on a big bear could count as a Tyrant/bruiser.

Any thoughts?

Finnblood
28-02-2006, 17:03
cool and mad! might be a very interesting conversion project.

maybe these guys would make 'em look even cooler:
http://www.reapermini.com/gallery/dwarves/14136_ds

reaper dwarves, pretty, eh?

MacVurrich
28-02-2006, 17:05
Warmaster did some If I remeber And Maidenhead Minis do Sabretooh Rideers that could easily be converted for WFB

Quetzl
28-02-2006, 20:44
Kislevski!

Anything Kislev would be awesome, Bear riders have always been an old idea goign around, but I've never seen any customized :(

Stouty
28-02-2006, 20:51
This just put an idea in my head:
Take a kislev themed empire army and just add rhinox riders moddled as massive bears and puny riders to emphisize the point(just say all attacks are done by the bear). Stick the bears on rocks so they tower over the enemy troops properly and you're done.

TownCryer
28-02-2006, 22:20
Here's a nother way you could do it, take the old WE bear -on all fours- model a saddle on it and use the gryphon legion riders. Count it as DoW heavy cav with lances, heavy armor, and barding -being the bears thick skin and fur- its just a thought.

RGB
01-03-2006, 22:58
Don't like it at all. Where did you find so many bears?

Bears are cool and special, they oughtn't be horse replacements. Plus, have you actually tried riding one? Probably mighty hard considering how fat they are.

TownCryer
01-03-2006, 23:31
Ok, you'd like something different, what about using the mordheim Kislev bear as a DoW ManEater. But that again is just me.

Mad Makz
02-03-2006, 04:18
Dave Taylor (ex Oz White Dwarf Editor, moved the U.S Web team last I heard) had a Kislevite themed Dogs of War force that had Bear Riders in it (counts as Ogres). It was mainly regular Kislevites, but had two units of 3 Bear Riders from memory.

You could definitely use one of the many DOW Ogres to use as a Bear Rider. (Much like Maneaters are great as 'count as' monsters for other races, such as a Chaos Rat Spawn in a moulder themed army, because they are stubborn, or as a Frankenstein's monster in a Nechrach Army)