PDA

View Full Version : Chaos Confrontations with Tau:

Lanparth
17-07-2010, 09:39
I was wondering how many documented cases are there of Chaos Marines (and daemons >.>) fighting the forces of the Tau Empire. I know there is Fire Warrior, but lets pretend that was never made :P.

Just wondering.

DoombringerATT
17-07-2010, 09:58
Echoes of the Mont'au, from White Dwarf 262, is likely the first documented account of a Tau vs. Chaos engagement.

Other than that, there really isn't much beyond Fire Warrior (which I actually rather liked when I considered the metastory explaining how La'Kais was able to do the things he did) and the first chapter of Black Tide, detailing a Tau orbital that got sucked into the warp and found itself head-on with Fabius Bile...

Iuris
17-07-2010, 09:58
I know of one story of a confrontation between a chaos cult and the Tau, with the Tau winning. Amusingly, the Tau commander heard they were fighting for Slaanesh and assumed that the cadre had slain Slaanesh in victory. I'd say he's in for a bit of a surprise.

Secondly, we meet a heavily mutated Tau, captive victim of Fabius Bile's experimentation, in a Blood angels novel, so there must have been at least one loss, too, with a settlement lost to chaos.