PDA

View Full Version : Steam Tank magic immunity?

Kriptrikk
17-07-2010, 11:16
So Ive played a few games of 8th edition now and have been challenged to a match against an Empire player.

Im just wondering on the official verdict of how magic effects steam tanks now, theres a lot of differing opinions in my gaming community about whether the Stank can be harmed by magic without a strength value. Ive looked through the faq and dont see any thing about how magic effects steam tanks, so im guessing its still the same as in 7th edition.

At the moment im really struggling to think of a way to stop it with my Skaven especially since only 6 models can fight it at a time! Even Aboms are gonna be wounding it on sixes and it'l be bogged down for the rest of the game!

Of course there is still the fellblade warlord, but hes bound to be cannon target number 1, and besides the fellblade ALWAYS kills my warlord by the end of turn 3 :cries:

Azhrar
17-07-2010, 11:18
I am pretty sure it is no longer immune, since the new eratta completely replaced the one in the book.

Ophidian
17-07-2010, 11:19
No general immunity to magic, but it has been granted the very specific immmunity to the Pit of Shades

Godgolden
17-07-2010, 11:21
So black sun should do the job

Kriptrikk
17-07-2010, 11:29
Cracks call will work also?

Oberon
17-07-2010, 11:34
Cracks call isn't pit of shades, so yes.

bernh
17-07-2010, 11:44
Base spell of Metal lore are death for the tank.

Notasquick
17-07-2010, 11:54
I am pretty sure it is no longer immune, since the new eratta completely replaced the one in the book.

No general immunity to magic, but it has been granted the very specific immmunity to the Pit of Shades

I suspect that the FAQ section entry was just simply missed in the editing process by accident rather than design.

Wakerofgods
17-07-2010, 11:58
I suspect that the FAQ section entry was just simply missed in the editing process by accident rather than design.

If this is the case, it will hopefully be fixed...

However I dont think that this is a very powerful argument in a pickup game..

Oberon
17-07-2010, 12:02
Yeah, I'm explaining the immunity against pit of shades with the size of the stank. It can't dodge a sun, but it is too big to fall into a pit. Whatever the reason, that's the rule. Purple sun is ok but pit of shades isn't.

Necromancy Black
17-07-2010, 12:09
The currently FAQ very clearly removes the old rules granting magic immunity against magic without a Str.

poboom
17-07-2010, 12:34
Hello.

Tard question :o : Are you able to cast friendly magic (augments) etc on the ST now that it's magic immunity is gone or is it impossible due to chariot rules or whatnot? Dont have the BRB at the present time Im afraid!

Oberon
17-07-2010, 12:42
Yes you can.

poboom
17-07-2010, 12:47
Haha that is silly. Wardsave on aa ST would be terrific. Also being able to heal it completly with a WP / AL is hilarious. Just gotta avoid purple suns :o

Oberon
17-07-2010, 12:52
Regenerating steam tank :shifty:

Of course, you could rationalize it with the engineer fixing the stank while driving it, but that's just stupid...

Frotz
17-07-2010, 12:55
At the moment im really struggling to think of a way to stop it with my Skaven especially since only 6 models can fight it at a time! Even Aboms are gonna be wounding it on sixes and it'l be bogged down for the rest of the game!

The STank is now a chariot, has your opponent read the FAQ? I hope he doesn't try to claim you can only attack it with 6 models at a time.

Oberon
17-07-2010, 12:58
Don't tell me you people really played it as a warmachine in close combat too? That's just... just... Wow.

Phaedrus
17-07-2010, 15:32
Haha that is silly. Wardsave on aa ST would be terrific. Also being able to heal it completly with a WP / AL is hilarious. Just gotta avoid purple suns :o

You cannot heal it with Healing hand as it is neither a character nor a unit champion and Prayers of Sigmar have very specific targeting limitations.

Oberon
17-07-2010, 15:46
Lore of life has healing spells though. At least the lore attribute heals chariots, I think.

Kriptrikk
18-07-2010, 09:33
AH! I did not realise they had changed its unit type to a chariot! I havent played it in the new rules yet, so very glad to figure its a chariot before I got there. Feeling much more confident now.

HeroFox
18-07-2010, 09:45
Cracks call isn't pit of shades, so yes.

So... the Pit of Shades was in there last Ed's FAQ wasn't it?

Maybe it just hasn't been updated for 8th Ed's spells you think?

Falkman
18-07-2010, 11:37
Regenerating steam tank :shifty:
How?
Earth blood can only be cast upon the wizard himself (and any unit he is in) so it cannot affect the STank, and as far as I know that's the only Regeneration spell in the rulebook lores.

havoc626
18-07-2010, 12:32
How?
Earth blood can only be cast upon the wizard himself (and any unit he is in) so it cannot affect the STank, and as far as I know that's the only Regeneration spell in the rulebook lores.

I think 'regenerating' was meant in the sense of 'regaining lost wounds' rather than the special rule itself.

Oberon
18-07-2010, 15:20
So... the Pit of Shades was in there last Ed's FAQ wasn't it?

Maybe it just hasn't been updated for 8th Ed's spells you think?

I don't care if it's a mistake on their part, the FAQ says pit of shades doesn't work and that's enough.

And yeah, sorry about there regeneration bit. Let's just say I meant the lore attribute instead... :angel: