PDA

View Full Version : Slaan 8th Edition Lore

vinny t
17-07-2010, 20:43
So I used the search function and I couldn't find a thread about this. So what do you think about the lore the new slaan should be using? I'm stuck between heavens and life. This is my list.

Slaan
Scar-vet
Priest
20 Temple Guard
20 Saurus
10 Saurus
10 Saurus
10 Skink Skirmishers
10 Skink Skirmishers
10 Skink Skirmishers
10 Skink Skirmishers
Ancient Stegadon
Ancient Stegadon
Salamander

So I was loking at life for more buffing spells and healing on the Stegs but I realized that my army doesn't have that much in the way of damage dealing. So Heavens or Life?

Sandals
17-07-2010, 20:45
TBH i wouldn't take heavens for damage, that seems like a job for fire or death. plus your priest has to take it, and your slann taking the spells too means someone's going to be left with not much choice, and i guess it won't be the frog!

TheMav80
17-07-2010, 20:53
Life or Light.

Heimagoblin
17-07-2010, 20:57
Shadow or life, preferably life

Dokushin
17-07-2010, 21:52
Life. Or Life.

If you get tired of life, run Light, Fire, or Death, and stay away from trying the powered up versions -- a Slann's strength lies in spell spam. Bring a cupped hands for when you really want to throw a bomb.

Then go back to Life. It's perfect for us.

Dungeon_Lawyer
17-07-2010, 22:50
which one my first slann in my block of Tg? Or the 2nd one? LOL. I like Life for the the 1st one, shadow for the 2nd....

Dokushin
17-07-2010, 23:29
Definitely put Life in the block. One of the best things about Life for Slann is Throne of Vines offering miscast protection. A Slann in a unit of TG is in base-to-base contact with about two hundred points worth of troops that are otherwise hard to kill; a miscast can be devastating. The anti-miscast and generally low casting costs in Life help to mitigate that.