PDA

View Full Version : Adeptus Mechanicus Task/Protection Force?

The Inevitable One
17-07-2010, 21:22
Skimming through some articles on various websites, I came across the Adeptus Mechanicus and I was thinking, is it plausible for the Adeptus Mechanicus to have their own sort of Space Marine Chapter? What I mean by that is, a sort of protection force or overseers on certain Forge Worlds so that all ammunition and supplies are made fast (with quality) and shipped out smoothly without having any sort of trouble whether it might be a riot within the civilian population or if an enemy race is attacking them.

I was thinking about starting a Space Marine Chapter that is kind of like this and was wondering if it was a good idea. Since the Adeptus Mechanicus is rather rich and has their monopoly on technological knowledge, could they create their own gene-seed? One that is not from the original twenty?

Thanks for reading and I am looking forward to your imput.

Garven Dreis
17-07-2010, 21:29
Well, ANYTHING is possible, however It'd be unlikely that the AdMech would just make a new SM Chapter directly under their control. You could do this idea, and even justify it saying that 'Chapter X shares a special bond with the AdMech and therefore assists the AdMech in it's duties'.

There.

Lord-Gen Bale Chambers
17-07-2010, 22:04
The Admech has their own military forces. The Skitarii covers all Ad Mech military forces except the Titan Legions. It sounds like you want to make a Praetorian force.

The Praetorians of the Skitarii are their elite infantry. Praetorians range from elite augmented / bionic infantry to servitors with tank treads for legs firing plasma cannons. The look and function of praetorians will depend on the forgeworld and Magos who designed them.

http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Skitarii

barrangas
17-07-2010, 22:07
I'd get the feeling that if AdMech started using the Gene Seeds they get as Tithes for their own good they'd end up with a lot of SM chapters showing up to put a stop to it. Still it is possible that the Iron Hands and their successors give more then just what they're supposed to for the AdMechs use.

I'd get the impression that if the AdMech started tinkering with the Gene Seed that they'd probably have no more success then Fabius Bile.

Overlord Krycis
17-07-2010, 22:10
Wasn't the Steel Confessors an AdMech-created Chapter who did just what the OP was asking...?
It was a while ago that I saw anything about them (Conflict Scotland YEARS ago and GD).

To the OP:- You could always use the SM codex and make a new kind of heavily augmented Skitarii, admech foot soldiers that are as good as Marines.
Or there's always the Iron Hands :D

But as Garven said, anything is possible and it would be your army so no-one should be able to criticise.

EDIT: wow...ninja'd twice lol

Weaver
17-07-2010, 23:10
for my vision at least, part of what defines Space Marines is their zealotry and fervor, and unflinching devotion to purity and the Emperor and their Primarch. These traits make them somewhat incompatible with the Mechanicus, who have rather (significantly) different goals. Now, of course, you can grow a genetically altered human, deck him in out in Power Armour, and give him a bolter, but hold off on the Psycho-Indoctrination process, and instead send him through Seminary and teach him the Truth of the Omnissiah. But I would not call these warriors 'Space Marines'. They would be, as mentioned above, a branch of the Skitarii fighting forces, likely categorized as Praetorians. Basically Space Marines, but a little more in line with the thinking of the Adepts of Mars.

Close allegiances between Space Marine Chapters and the Adeptus Mechanicus are, of course, not unheard of, with the Iron Hands being the primary example. In the fluff, however, the Adeptus Astartes and the Adeptus Mechanicus are two separate organizations with very different goals, making the recruitment of a Marine Chapter difficult, and any attempts by the Mechanicus to imitate the process of Space Marine creation resulting, by necessity, in creatures that cannot quite be categorized as Space Marines, as I mentioned above. So if you wanted to create this army and justify it without inducing rage (http://1d4chan.org/images/d/dc/Rage-a.jpg) in the Fluff Nazis, that'd be how I'd go about doing it.

However, as previous posters have mentioned, it is your game and your army, and if you want your Emperordarned Space Marines to be servants of your Emperordarned Adeptus Mechanicus Magos, then so be it! It will be awesome regardless.

metro_gnome
18-07-2010, 01:58
Wasn't the Steel Confessors an AdMech-created Chapter who did just what the OP was asking...?
ah yes...
Steel Confessors (http://warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Steel_Confessors)

hummus
18-07-2010, 02:56
I'd get the feeling that if AdMech started using the Gene Seeds they get as Tithes for their own good they'd end up with a lot of SM chapters showing up to put a stop to it.
That would be a cool idea for a renegade sm army though

Overlord Krycis
19-07-2010, 18:07
ah yes...
Steel Confessors (http://warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Steel_Confessors)

Woo! I actually got something right... :D lol