PDA

View Full Version : SoC Deamonic Legion * Slaanesh*

The Vorpal One
28-02-2006, 17:48
I have ben playing this army as of late and have come to love it. I consider these deamon Armies to be a elite style of play.
2 of my freinds play them and got me and a friend of mine into them.

So....If anyone is interested in Slaanesh Deamonic Legion here are some Simple tactic's to use and remember.

1) you are the Fastest Army in the game. Your ground troops have 10 inches marches and charges.
Your Chariots have 20inch charges and your mounted units like Mounted Demonettes have 20inch charges and are fast cav.

2) since you are the fastest..bait units to come out alittle and ALWAY'S jump a unit 2 to 1.
Use a Block of Demonttes to take the front (If you have to) and hit the unit from the side or rear with the Mounted Deamonettes or chariots.

*Good way to bait units out* Slaanesh has this terrific spell called "Titillating Delusions" This spell is awsome. You mark a point on the table top within the units lin of site and they have to move along this line to the point you have marked.
This is a fantastic way to set up a hard unit like knights and get them out faster and move them so they are exposed sides and rear..Then begin the charge.

3) Never try to go unit for unit with out number.
You have a toughness of 3..and a Deamonic save of 5+ ..you do the math..LOL

4) I always suggest taken the Unholy Icon to give your main unit a ward save of 4+
Not to mention to take the Greater Icon Of Chaos....this will let you re-roll Instability test ( something that has saved my life over and over again)

5) *Sporific Musk banner* I suggest also taking this banner. It's a bit on the price side BUT this Banner Halves your enemies Ws and Initive...And when you Smash into a unit with Sporific Musk then flank them with Deamonettes Cav ...You cause Fear..You have a flank..You won combat and Deamonettes Lower the enemies Leadership by 1 for Aura of Slaanesh.
You can see how this can turn a combat against the other player and fast.
Not to mention..If you out number...And win even by one..They are gonna flee cause you cause fear.

6) With Slaanesh I belive in taking the Standard, Musician and Champion. A Slaanesh Champion has 3 attacks at str 4..Works out with all the other attacks a Basic Deamonette has (Attacks 2)

7) *The Lord* I belive in the Greater Deamon (The Keeper Of Secrets)
I use the forgeworld one and it has worked for me everytime. I take 2 Heralds..both with spell breakers and 1 in a chariot and they seem to do the job.
Others swear by Demon princes for the flight ability...I dont like this
The Keeper causes terror, Has a unit str of 6 (so it can cancel ranks) and it has 6 wounds and has Awsome stats.
Just my thing...

8) remember your Army kinnda looks like Hellraiser cenobites girls..So use Hellraiser lines at all times!
Like these " Demon's To Some , Angel's to Other's" ----You Solved The Box , We Came , Now you mucst come with us...Taste our pleasures!"

Anyways..Have fun and Enjoy...Cheers!

sulla
28-02-2006, 20:13
You forgot to add that you have probably the most powerful spell list in the game...

The Vorpal One
28-02-2006, 20:23
I find that Tzeentch actually has more..Slaanesh spells don't work on alot of immune to Psycholgy or unbreakable..That's not to "All Powerful"

Tzeentch has alot of turn your units against you by turning them into horrors and what not..And alot of Missle dmg ones.

Skaven with there 2d6 str 5 spell is pretty nasty and high elves have a very nasty list..

Slaanesh making a Unit Frenzy while it takes D6 str 3 hits doesnt seem to register as all powerful.

scatterlaser
28-02-2006, 22:45
Titilating Delusions and Luxurious Torment both work on Immune to Psych stuff - those two movement-affecting spells alone are enough to make the Slaanesh list very, very good. The rest of the list is mostly good stuff as well - Enrapturing Spasms is utterly brutal against anything not Immune to Psych, Blissful Throes is a nasty magic missile and Delicious Excruciation defintely comes in handy (suddenly those four remaining Daemonettes are liable to hold up nearly anything). The only spell that isn't that great is Delectable Torture, but even that can be pretty good when cast on a strong character in an expensive unit.

Given a choice, I'd rather my opponent used just about anything other than Slaanesh magic. The nasty spells that can cause your units to move all over the place are the real killers, and are why it's regarded as such a good lore. It's much more tactically useful than Tzeentch or Skaven magic. It requires more thought to use well than just nuking stuff with Warp-lightning does, but it can pay off better in the end.

The Vorpal One
28-02-2006, 23:22
I agree that just using Magic Missle type stuff does not take much effort and I like the Slaanesh list for magic , I just think that every race and list has something Nasty or even worse.

Scythe
01-03-2006, 16:15
Not every list. I rate Slaanesh magic amongst the top magic lists out there, along with Necromancy, Skaven magic etc.

Other lists aren't nearly as hard.

The Vorpal One
01-03-2006, 17:15
Well if you are talking about Beast and life then I guess you are right LOL!
Though Beast has some good ones like the 2d6 charge in the Magic phase.
That is a really good combo for Bretts.

English 2000
01-03-2006, 22:54
I too have a slanesh DL list....I have only used it once...but I LOVE it...can't wait til me Brets are done so that I can get it painted :)

I'll post something more worthwhile when I have time.

kyussinchains
03-03-2006, 19:00
why not cast the frenzy spell on a mounted wizard or character, thus making him charge into your daemon prince/keeper of secrets? or use it to move units out of position, the s3 hits are a bonus!

The Vorpal One
03-03-2006, 19:58
That is something to look at..But I have not tried that. It's something that I am going to look into now that your mentioned it.

Markconz
04-03-2006, 08:35
Other good targets for the Frenzy spell are ratling gun teams, artillery crews, annoying skirmishers etc...

Sopoforic Musk banner is rarely worth it in my opinion, just doesn't make enough diff for WS 4 daemonettes. Most enemies will still be hitting you on 4's and you now hit them on 3's - expensive for an extra 1/6 chance to hit.
Great for a mortal army - not so hot for daemonettes.

Best gifts for exalted or prince are Blade of the Ether, Soul Hunger (Diabolic Splendour is also nice). Guaranteed heavy cav killler. Stick it right in front of an enemy heavy cavalry unit - they charge or you charge, doesn't matter. First strike 5 attacks rerolling to hit, no armour save.

Check out Daemonic Legion forum for more:

http://s7.invisionfree.com/wyrmling_x/index.php?

English 2000
04-03-2006, 21:49
My Daemon legon has the following at 2k

2x5 Daemonettes on Steeds
3 Pleasure Riders
2 Chariots
11 Daemonettes, musician and standard
12 Daemonettes, musician and standard, champion
Battle Standard bearer with rapturous std and dispell scroll gift
Greater Daemon

I've played it twice now against Ogres. Total victory for me. I'm planning to get one more unit of daemonettes, drop one chariot and drop the greater daemon down to a prince.

I find the army fun to play with, but has far too much cavalry and cavalry like stuff for my tastes.

Got the spell that makes a character attack his own unit off today....tyrant with tenderiser makes a real mess when he hits ogres ;)

The Vorpal One
06-03-2006, 05:19
I disagree ..The Sopoforic Musk Banner works in alot of cases. being able to hit Someone on 3's opposed to 4's is a pretty big deal when you have a toughness of 3.
Not to mention it cut's their Int. Also being something well worth it to be able to strike first.
And when you are dealing with a unit that has massive weapon skill making them hit you on 4 up is alot better then them hitting you on 3 up..It puts more odds in your favor.

"Best gifts for exalted or prince are Blade of the Ether, Soul Hunger (Diabolic Splendour is also nice). Guaranteed heavy cav killler. Stick it right in front of an enemy heavy cavalry unit - they charge or you charge, doesn't matter. First strike 5 attacks rerolling to hit, no armour save."

Like I stated in my tactical advice..It was pretty much for those who wanted to use a Greater Demon..

Markconz
06-03-2006, 21:06
I disagree ..The Sopoforic Musk Banner works in alot of cases. being able to hit Someone on 3's opposed to 4's is a pretty big deal when you have a toughness of 3.
Not to mention it cut's their Int. Also being something well worth it to be able to strike first.
And when you are dealing with a unit that has massive weapon skill making them hit you on 4 up is alot better then them hitting you on 3 up..It puts more odds in your favor.

On average the banner will make some fraction of a wound difference in combat resolution in your favour (assuming your 6 wide that is!), against almost every opponent you come across. For the same price you could have almost another complete rank, or even better the warbanner (a guaranteed +1 to combat resolution everytime), and 25 more points to spend.

I think there is a good reason why you rarely see that banner in experienced players SOC Slaanesh touni lists, the Warbanner is just a better deal. If we had a WS 5 unit it would be far more worthwhile - as is the maths just doesn't add up in the vast majority of situations. As to the initiative halving - with I5 base and firststriking characters you rarely need to worry about that. However if you want to use it good luck, there will be some situations where it can pay off. I expect as you become more experienced you will tend towards taking the WB though.

If you don't mind spending points on the Musk banner, then how about trying out the ultraexpensive 'Banner of the Gods'? Covers 3 units of daemonettes with a frontage of 6 each, that is about 39 attacks rerolling to hit :) Should chop things up. The herald would be the enmies number one target though - unless he was waving it around from behind :D

"Best gifts for exalted or prince are Blade of the Ether, Soul Hunger (Diabolic Splendour is also nice). Guaranteed heavy cav killler. Stick it right in front of an enemy heavy cavalry unit - they charge or you charge, doesn't matter. First strike 5 attacks rerolling to hit, no armour save."

Like I stated in my tactical advice..It was pretty much for those who wanted to use a Greater Demon..

Uh-huh... - and my post wasn't - what's your point here? :confused: Your opening post just said - " If anyone is interested in Slaanesh Deamonic Legion here are some Simple tactic's to use and remember.". No mention that I can see of wanting to limit discussion just to certain types?

The Vorpal One
06-03-2006, 21:37
Well..For every game I have played with them now, I have won. I have played pretty much every army out there. The hardest fight I just had was against Dwarves. But I pulled it out of the hat with a good win.

Most Tactical articles should be taken with a grain of salt..They really only work for those who create them..I have seen the warbanner used by a Deamon army and it lost.

Goes to show you that not everything work's BUT I found what works for me and what could work for other's if they choose to use it...Dig?

It was a Simple article that I threw down and maybe someone could use it..And it seem's to work...My list is 10 and 0

But I can't seem to pull that off with my Bretts!!! Gah!!! And I have been playing them longer..Oh well..