PDA

View Full Version : 1000pts High Elves Friendly

Blackknight1239
18-07-2010, 10:04
Hey guys. After the models of the new starter kit have been confirmed, it basically forced me to start a new high elf army. :P Models are just too nice. Anyway, here's quick list, loosely themed around a group of Lothren Sea Guard that act as outriders and the vanguard of military actions. Regardless, here's the list.

Mage- 135pts
Level 2 Wizard

Lothern Seaguard- 325pts
-25 Guard, Full Command

Swordmasters of Hoeth- 162pts
-10 Swordmasters, Blademaster

Swordmasters of Hoeth- 162pts
-10 Swordmasters, Blademaster

Ellyrian Reavers- 105pts
-5 Reavers, Bows, Spears

Ellyrian Reavers- 105pts
-5 Reavers, Bows, Spears

The main weakness is shooting, so it's the Reaver's job to engage archer units and the like. The seaguard are the main tarpit unit, tying up the more dangerous things if I can. Swordmasters are counter chargers and flankers. With 21 attacks they can mince anything that comes along.

The big question is what lore would be worth it for the Mage. The 3 big choice are High Magic, Lore of Fire, and Lore of Life. High magic has some nice defensive spells, and drain magic, but isn't that great on the offense. Fire is all offense, which could help with clearing away those units I don't like. Life seems to be a mix of both.

Gmaleron
18-07-2010, 21:04
Looks decent despite the fact that Ellyrian Reavers arent the most competitive fast cav compared to some armies i do like them. Combine your swordmasters into 1 unit of 20 as they will get shot to pieces by anyone with shooting before getting into close combat. One block of 20 insures they will last longer. Another way to insure they do is to take lore of life and just regenerate the hell our of them.

Blackknight1239
18-07-2010, 22:30
I've look at the Reavers, and at the very least they beat my Mounted Yeomen in everything. :P I just love the new plastics, and if they don't get used, I figure I'll convert them to Silver Helms. Good call on the 20 man squad, btw. That does make more sense. Life seems to be the way to go, I think. Update...

Mage- 135pts
Level 2 Wizard, Lore of Life

Lothern Seaguard- 350pts
-25 Guard, Shields, Full Command

Swordmasters of Hoeth- 300pts
-20 Swordmasters

Ellyrian Reavers- 105pts
-5 Reavers, Bows, Spears

Ellyrian Reavers- 105pts
-5 Reavers, Bows, Spears