PDA

View Full Version : 2500 Ogres

Drongol
18-07-2010, 12:49
Taking a few of the changes for 8th into effect, and seeing as how the local group wants to play 2500 or 3k. Personally, I think 3000 is too much, but 2500 works well, so here goes!

Tyrant: 311 pts
-Heavy Armor, 2 Sword Gnoblars, Tenderizer, Greatskull, Mawseeker

Slaughtermaster: 265 pts
-2 Tooth-Gnoblars, Siegebreaker, Dispel Scroll

Bruiser: 207 pts
-Great Weapon, Heavy Armor, 2 Gnoblar Thiefstones, Mawseeker

5 Ironguts: 290 pts
-Standard, Bellower, Rune Maw
(Slaughtermaster goes here.)

5 Ironguts: 270 pts
-Standard, Bellower
(BSB goes here)

5 Bulls: 245 pts
-Standard, Bellower, Light Armor, Ironfists
(Tyrant goes here)

3 Bulls: 150 pts
-Standard, Bellower, Ironfists

3 Bulls: 150 pts
-Standard, Bellower, Ironfists

8 Gnoblar Trappers: 48 pts

20 Gnoblar Fighers: 42 pts
-Groinbiter

20 Gnoblar Fighers: 42 pts
-Groinbiter

Scraplauncher: 165 pts

Scraplauncher: 165 pts

Gorger: 75 pts

Gorger: 75 pts

This is more of a Fat Bretonnian list, with 3 Ogre-Lances to put the pain on models. The less-equipped Bulls exist to bait and flee, but they have Standards to help with the missions in which it matters. I've come to the conclusion that I'm more comfortable with the Tenderizer as opposed to the Thundermace, for whatever reason. Ironfists are in there partly to eat points--I didn't feel like painting more Gnoblars--and partly for the tactical options.

I'm not expecting miracles from my small Bull units, but I think they'll be able to do well in support of the other three blocks. The Scrappies are just awesome, and I'd take a third one if I thought I could get away with it somehow.

Sandals
18-07-2010, 16:08
very similar to what i'm trying to do at 2250. how are you finding anti magic is working out for you?

immortal git
18-07-2010, 19:05
merge the bull units, bigger is better in the new edition, lord has very little defence, the 5+ ward item in the ogre book is 20 pts of gold! gnoblars are great now and ide make the units bigger.

Drongol
18-07-2010, 23:38
merge the bull units, bigger is better in the new edition, lord has very little defence, the 5+ ward item in the ogre book is 20 pts of gold! gnoblars are great now and ide make the units bigger.

A 5+ ward isn't worth 20 points--in fact, I have found from ample experience that I take more wounds from it at the beginning of the game than I ever save.

Remember, the Tyrant is a T6 model with a 4+ armor save and 5 wounds, not counting any Gut Magic that would be cast on the unit. There's very little that's going to be able to hurt him, and I'd much rather see attacks going towards him than the relatively fragile Bulls he'll be fighting alongside.

I'd rather have 2 small units of Bulls sans characters than one large unit. 2 gives me a bit more flexibility and allows me to flank (albeit without breaking ranks) and bait much more effectively.

Tyranus
21-07-2010, 20:57
Your Bruiser is the only BSB carrier in the list and you have him carrying a Great weapon. The army book says he cant have any other additional weapons other than his ogre club. Is that something new in 8th edition? If it is, the army book still says he cant which trumps the brb.

Sandals
22-07-2010, 08:45
it's in the new FAQ - ogre BSBs have been brought into line with the newer ones and can have any equipment they have access to