PDA

View Full Version : Drawn Combat and Reforms

Sandals
18-07-2010, 16:28
I know Combat Reforms are a bit of a sticky subject with some, but here's a situation that I came across in my first game of 8th.

We each had 2 units engaged, both with men not fighting, and wanted to reform to bring them all in. The combat however had resulted in a draw.

I can see on pg 55 where it states that if both sides want to reform "take any Leadership Test required" and then roll off for order. My point is that at no time does it tell us what test is required if the combat is drawn. it says no test if you win and test like a break test if you lose, but not what you do for a draw.

What we did was appy logic (dangerous precident i know ;) ) and assumed that each unit take a basic Ld test, then roll off. we ended up just shuffling everything together anyway, but can anyone see if this is correct as far as the rules are concerned?

stripsteak
18-07-2010, 16:44
drawn combat both sides use the reforming from victory section, so no tests for either (its in the bold part at the top of the section)

twisted_angel
18-07-2010, 16:55
drawn combat both sides use the reforming from victory section, so no tests for either (its in the bold part at the top of the section)

This is correct

I know Combat Reforms are a bit of a sticky subject with some, but here's a situation that I came across in my first game of 8th.

We each had 2 units engaged, both with men not fighting, and wanted to reform to bring them all in. The combat however had resulted in a draw.

I can see on pg 55 where it states that if both sides want to reform "take any Leadership Test required" and then roll off for order. My point is that at no time does it tell us what test is required if the combat is drawn. it says no test if you win and test like a break test if you lose, but not what you do for a draw.

What we did was appy logic (dangerous precident i know ;) ) and assumed that each unit take a basic Ld test, then roll off. we ended up just shuffling everything together anyway, but can anyone see if this is correct as far as the rules are concerned?

I dont think you can shuffle as such but can reform in such a way to increase the units front rank to get more people in.. but im not sure, think this is something a few people need clarified.

Sandals
18-07-2010, 18:14
ok, read that section at least twice. must be blind :p cheers stripsteak.

and when i say shuffle, i mean he moved so all his were in then i moved so the rest of mine were.