PDA

View Full Version : 3,000 points of orcs, horde style

bravey
18-07-2010, 20:52
With 8th edition coming along I have decided to ramp my orc army up to 3,000 points, taking full advantage of the new "horde" rule. I am trying to make a list that can take all comers fairly well, and yet still be a fun army to play around with. Critical analysis welcomed!

LORDS:
Grimgor
X2 night goblin warbosses with hand weapon, shield
HEROES:
Blorc BSB with morks spirit totem
Blorc boss with Amulet of protectyness
x2 Level 2 NG shaman with 3 magic mushrooms each
CORE:
Horde of 50 boyz with shields, BSB goes here
2 hordes of 50 NG's with spears, nets, 1 NG warboss in each unit
40 NG's with shortbows, 5 fanatics
Horde of 45 savage orcs with 2x choppa's, Blorc boss goes here
SPECIAL:
20 Blorcs with Banner of Butchery, ?Grimgor goes here?
2 Spear Chukka's
1 Rock Lobber
RARE:
1 Doomdiver

Gmaleron
18-07-2010, 21:24
Dude i really like this idea alot as it fits the orcs mentality perfectly as a massive horde of green running across battlefield with screaming "Waaaaaagh" at the top of their lungs. Im definitely considering running an army just like this except for it being a whole army of orc boyz with a few goblins thrown in here and there, this looks awsome to play, probably a pain to paint but its worth it.

bravey
18-07-2010, 21:35
I could paint 'em for ya...*shamless plug*. Thanks for the comment, though I am curios as to how you would go about fighting this army with your High Elves( you do play them, right?).

Gmaleron
18-07-2010, 21:42
Essentially i would hope to do enough damage at a distance and grind your down in CC. Also however i havent pointed up a 3000 point list yet so i could always just take teclis and magic the hell out of ya.:D

Thruster
19-07-2010, 00:57
Yeah, I never have any success with Black Orc so far in 7th. They always got shot to death by all kind of magic and shooting, and they are no harder to kill compare to other orc boys. Surely, your Black Orc and Grimgor will have a big bulls-eye mark on his unit against the new nasty magic.

As for my comments, why don't you have nets in your NG unit with spear?? It will make them much more nasty in combat... T5 Goblin hero, anyone? Also, I might add another stone thrower to kill all the new nasty monsters out there.

bravey
19-07-2010, 01:14
Yeah, I never have any success with Black Orc so far in 7th. They always got shot to death by all kind of magic and shooting, and they are no harder to kill compare to other orc boys. Surely, your Black Orc and Grimgor will have a big bulls-eye mark on his unit against the new nasty magic.

As for my comments, why don't you have nets in your NG unit with spear?? It will make them much more nasty in combat... T5 Goblin hero, anyone? Also, I might add another stone thrower to kill all the new nasty monsters out there.

I really only took the Blorcs because I have to have a unit of Blorcs if I field Grimgor, and Grimgor is only in the unit so all the Blorcs get "Da immortulz" special rule. Plus GW's get to attack in two ranks now, so my Blorcs will hopefully be able to do some major damage with that and the banner of bucthery I have decided to add.