PDA

View Full Version : Dark Elf RXB

majorberzerker
19-07-2010, 06:22
Are 40 RXB 10x2 in 2500 pts a "good idea"

phoenixguard09
19-07-2010, 06:27
Really depends on the rest of your army.

Dark Apostle197
19-07-2010, 06:47
People have been using 20-30 man RXB units with success in the new edition.

southpaw
19-07-2010, 07:20
I have used 10x2 and they worked great. Got two 15x2 RXB units in my 2500 point list, but I have not used it yet.

SatireSphere
19-07-2010, 07:44
Best shooty infantry in the game, by far. Compare them to empire handgunners or glade guard and you'll see how grossly under priced they are.

SideshowLucifer
19-07-2010, 13:26
The problem I have been having with them is they only get to be shooty for maybe a turn or two. Out of all the games I have played, I might have tallied 20 kills with them in total. Too many units get into combat quickly now and it's hard to bait units with fleeing since they can redirect into your ranged attackers.

I have honestly been one screaming the that xbows are better then the spears, but I'm honestly not so sure anymore. I never get many shots before I have no targets and hitting on 5's and wounding on 4's seems to be not cutting it most of the time.

Skyros
19-07-2010, 15:29
Like much of the rest of dark elf troops, they are extremely good for their points. Compare to them overpriced shooters like HE archers or Empire Crossbowmen.

DaemonReign
19-07-2010, 15:45
Best shooty infantry in the game, by far. Compare them to empire handgunners or glade guard and you'll see how grossly under priced they are.

Awesome! The next time someone even starts about Flamers I'll refer back to this post of yours. If I may.:)

DaemonReign
19-07-2010, 15:50
The problem I have been having with them is they only get to be shooty for maybe a turn or two. Out of all the games I have played, I might have tallied 20 kills with them in total. Too many units get into combat quickly now and it's hard to bait units with fleeing since they can redirect into your ranged attackers.

I have honestly been one screaming the that xbows are better then the spears, but I'm honestly not so sure anymore. I never get many shots before I have no targets and hitting on 5's and wounding on 4's seems to be not cutting it most of the time.

I play against DE alot and I find that my opponent takes great care in making those RepeaterCrossBows "unreachable". If you have a hill in your deployement that's an obvious place to put them (shoot over your own infantry and make sure something else is taking the charges) - if you don't have the geographical advantage, deploy in-between CC-units and just hang back with the Crossbow-guys when the charges come down on you.

They are a really nasty shooter unit. Once you catch them they die easy though.

I'm no expert, just some friendly thoughts.

Von Wibble
19-07-2010, 18:20
And if you have a large unit you could also give them shields to allow them to double as a combat unit.

Because they are usually deployed a little further back they are a good place to deploy a sorceress -with something like tome of furion or dispel scroll, and guiding eye.

L1qw1d
19-07-2010, 19:02
I wouldn't go sending them FULLY into the close combat lines, but here's one thing-

Corsairs have the SDC, so they can run ahead with pretty much AHW automatically and have a small bit of guard- esp for Shooting.

Spears now have the "extra rank" of attacks, but can no longer use Shields- So basically, if you take 24 at someone 4 across and 6 deep? You negate Rank bonus for a LOT of people, even if you are a weak little pit- and then someone ELSE can come and combine the front line with say... a Horde of WE's...

So that leaves RxB with one thing: not only do they SHOOT, and shoot quite a bit- they're the only one w/ the 5+ Parry

Paraelix
19-07-2010, 20:12
So that leaves RxB with one thing: not only do they SHOOT, and shoot quite a bit- they're the only one w/ the 5+ Parry

You mean 6+ Parry.

Dark Apostle197
20-07-2010, 08:04
I think he meant 5+ armor save then parry.