PDA

View Full Version : Space Marine Chef

cornonthecob
19-07-2010, 15:12
One of the marine captains titles is Chief Victualler .

This is essentially the head chef.

Kiss the cook ?

Kage2020
19-07-2010, 15:22
I know so have the Swedish Marine chef stuck in my head... :S

Kage

Crazy Ivan
19-07-2010, 15:31
I assume it's more like "head of provisions" or "chief logistician", but "head chef" sounds much more fun, especially as Marines can eat virtually anything. I have a vision of a Space Marine with a Power Spatula, useful for slicing your meal, cooking it, and finally cleaning out those last bits of alien carapace clinging to the bottom of the pan...

Dronevil
19-07-2010, 15:51
In Rogue Trader I'm sure I remember there being Space Marine police?

Askil the Undecided
19-07-2010, 16:07
In Rogue Trader I'm sure I remember there being Space Marine police?

Yeah but in RT Space Marines where absolutely everywhere.

Green-is-best
19-07-2010, 16:27
If Under Siege has taught us anything, and I think it has, it's that the cook is always the deadliest member of any military organization.

canucklhead
19-07-2010, 16:29
The chef Victualler likely develops the diets of Space Marines. Nutritional content, maximum content for space used, shelf lives and the like.

there are similar jobs in most modern militaries around the world.

Kage2020
19-07-2010, 16:42
If Under Siege has taught us anything, and I think it has, it's that the cook is always the deadliest member of any military organization.
<bows down to Green-is-best>

:D

Kage

tuesday_the_pixie
19-07-2010, 17:11
I prefer the title "Steak-Master" I imagine that the Space Mraine diet is heavily steak orientated :)

Son of Sanguinius
19-07-2010, 20:28

My vote for Quote of the Day.

nedsta
19-07-2010, 20:34
Bravo green, i have a new quote now :D

Green-is-best
19-07-2010, 20:43
Thank you, thank you. :D

Son of Sanguinius
19-07-2010, 21:39
You'd think a Chapter would delegate such an administrative task to a member who isn't also responsible for the training, leadership, and deployment of over 100 warriors.

Crazy Ivan
19-07-2010, 21:49
You'd think a Chapter would delegate such an administrative task to a member who isn't also responsible for the training, leadership, and deployment of over 100 warriors.
If the reverse is also true of Green-is-best's statement, they have no other choice. :)

Iuris
19-07-2010, 22:03

Most deadly, yes, but not for those reasons :cheese:

Polaria
20-07-2010, 05:52
Yeah but in RT Space Marines where absolutely everywhere.

The RT space marine police weren't for policing the general population, but for policing the space marines. I would assume each chapter needs a few enforcers to keep the recruits in line during the initial stages of the recruitment before the survivors are handed over to scout sergeants (who can police their own squad very well, thank you).

As for the head chef I am quite convinced this is one of those many duties which is handed over fully to the millions of serfs the chapter has.

TheDarkDaff
20-07-2010, 09:23
Is anyone else imagining Gordon Ramsey as a Spacemarine? Or maybe Ainsley.

ManicMunky
20-07-2010, 11:20
What chapter would Casey Ryback be in? :D

Elanthanis
20-07-2010, 11:36
Would the Iron Hands have a competition for Iron Chief Victualler?

/duck

madd0ct0r
20-07-2010, 17:35
The RT space marine police weren't for policing the general population, but for policing the space marines. I would assume each chapter needs a few enforcers to keep the recruits in line during the initial stages of the recruitment before the survivors are handed over to scout sergeants (who can police their own squad very well, thank you).

As for the head chef I am quite convinced this is one of those many duties which is handed over fully to the millions of serfs the chapter has.

No, there's a great picture in RT of two marines with a couple of toughs pinned up against a wall.

Apparently they'd descend on a planet for a few days. Arresting and delivering harsh justice before moving on. Kinda a reminder that Imperial Law is strong even here, at least for a few days at a time.

Green-is-best
20-07-2010, 17:42
No, there's a great picture in RT of two marines with a couple of toughs pinned up against a wall.

Apparently they'd descend on a planet for a few days. Arresting and delivering harsh justice before moving on. Kinda a reminder that Imperial Law is strong even here, at least for a few days at a time.

And the guy looks like he spraypainted "MARINES LOL" on a wall.

http://1d4chan.org/wiki/File:Marineslol.JPG

Ramius4
20-07-2010, 18:46
The word victualler doesn't apply only to food. It relates to any supplies and provisions as well. So I would guess that Chief Victualler is something more along the lines of being responsible for all the supplies of the Chapter. A 'supply master' if you will.