PDA

View Full Version : 8th Ed Frenzy Stacking?

CaliforniaGamer
19-07-2010, 16:10
Ive had more than one person tell me their strat for 8th ed involves "frenzy stacking", ie- more than one source of frenzy stacks, the big example being Khorne Chaos Knights with Banner of Rage. (allowing them 4 attacks per base model)

Now Ive read through the brb and page 69/70. Not getting this idea of frenzy stacking is true.

Can anyone help out here? Where are people getting this?

teleologica
19-07-2010, 16:18
This has been argued to death here (http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=266317).

some_scrub
19-07-2010, 16:19
The argument goes something like this: The BRB says "multiple special rules stack." If you have 2 hand weapons, it gives you the Extra Attack special rule. If you have Frenzy it does a bunch of stuff, which involves giving you the Extra Attack special rule. Now either witch elves have 2 attacks each, or the same special rule can indeed stack with itself.

The dark elf FAQ suggests that the Extra Attack from Frenzy and Extra Attack from 2 hand weapons stack, so conclusion is that Frenzy from Banner of Rage and Frenzy from Mark of Khorne stack.

There are lots of arguments for and against, but I'm leaning towards RAW it's allowed. It's always tough to get a feel for what RAI is in different situations. In this one we have the precedent from last edition, although that doesn't count for much.

Another thing: GW customer service was emailed about this a few days ago and the reply involved the words "I'm trying to get to the bottom of this, but as far as I can tell, frenzy does stack like that." So for me this means, tell anyone who does it they're a jerk, but that they can do it. When the BRB FAQ comes out, a more official ruling will be included for sure.

PS. Are you from the Bay Area/ East Bay?

CaliforniaGamer
19-07-2010, 16:30
PS. Are you from the Bay Area/ East Bay?

Im in the Bay Area.

thanks for the thread link. Reading through it and following the notes on where to look it does indeed imply all special rules stack aside from MR....I have to go now and eat a Crow Sandwich....

On the otherhand my WoC Exalted Khorne BSB now has 6 attacks and can never lose Frenzy...